Can’t seem to hit ketosis

(Alex Boone) #1

Hi group. I began keto 6 weeks ago today and have been true to it everyday. Have lost a lot of weight but seem to have stalled in the past two weeks. I have those keto “pee sticks” to check ketosis and seem to be forever halfway to ketosis but never fully there. My only guess is I am eating to much protein and not enough fat. Any suggestions?

(less is more, more or less) #2

I’m 16+ months in and I’ve rarely caused those strips to show anything. I’ve lost a lot of weight and improved all my significant markers. I don’t waste my time anymore. I mean, really, who wants to keep peeing on those damn strips. :wink:

Keep calm and low-carb on.

(Allie) #3

Throw the pee sticks away and carry on with what you’re doing. I assume your goal is weight loss? Then you’re on the right track, just keep going. Changing the colour of a little square thing on a pee stick really isn’t important at all.

(Alex Boone) #4

Thank you. That is extremely helpful advice.

(mole person) #5

Any colour that isn’t “Negative” means that you’re in ketosis. You shouldn’t care about how dark pink it is. Everyone is different.

(Running from stupidity) #6

This is the method I use. I think it’s far more useful than the pee sticks, and it’s a LOT cheaper and easier in that you buy it once (well, the sensor wears out over time, but it takes a fair while) and you don’t have to whizz on it :slight_smile:

Having said that, I don’t use it all that often, although I did use it religiously in the first few weeks, especially after that awful AWFUL day where we went crazy and accidentally ate 28g of carbs.

I also note that thread has 666 posts…