Can keto reverse gray hair?

(John Wells) #21

I’ve been full Keto for 63 days. I’m 37 years old have been slowly getting some gray hair in my beard. I’ve noticed that it hasn’t been sticking out to me as much the past few weeks. Early I pulled out a couple gray hairs and they are completely brown around the base and halfway up the hair. Feeling great and down 30 lbs.

(Susan) #22

Welcome to the forum, John, as I see this is your first post.

Congrats on the 30 pound weight loss so far =).

(mole person) #23

I try to be careful about what I attribute to keto since I know I have a massive bias for it at this point. But, yah, something big has happened to my feet.

I always was proud of how good my feet were. No corns, weird calluses, pains, orthodics… nothing. But about 3 years (at 49) ago they started both hurting and callussing up all over the place. I got painful plantar fasciitis, and thick calluses on the ball and heel of my feet that caused discomfort when I walked. The calluses got thicker and more uncomfortable with time.

I’ve been on keto 2.5 years now so it seemed this was not something that keto was going to help, but in the last few months I’ve seen a rapid reversal. Hmm…as I’ve been typing this I realized that I’ve actually been all meat keto-carnivore in that time. So that’s a big confounder.

I’ve always had problems with really thick calluses on my feet. But a while ago, I read someone else’s story and he was saying something about how much better his feet were. So I took a look at mine and was really surprised at how much they’d improved.

I’d mainly attributed it to some autophagy from fasting, rather than to keto. But that’s just a guess. I’m definitely not a carnivore. But either of those things could really have just really lowered insulin significantly for long periods–even more than straight keto. I wonder if that’s the commonality?

(mole person) #25

Actually, that makes perfect sense. I think because I have to moderate my protein on Carnivore and I was lazy on carbs when I was regular keto it makes sense that my fat consumption is far higher and my insulin far lower since switching. So yah, more autophagy does sound quite plausible.

(Bunny) #26

A Dr. Berg video

Losing Your Hair Color Prematurely: Do These 2 Things Now!

In this video, Dr. Berg talks about how to slow down premature graying or losing hair color. Melanocytes are the cells the makes the pigment called melanin. Melanogenic clock is a clock that involves in the aging process and as you get older you lose the color of your hair and it turns gray.

Several Things that are involved with Prematurely Graying Hair:

1. Tyrosinase – is an enzyme that has copper in it. It is need to make melanin and you can also get this enzymes from mushrooms and copper containing foods like oysters.
  2. Adrenals – When the adrenals are stressed, you start generating excessive amounts of hydrogen peroxide. Vitamin E will help decrease excessive amounts of hydrogen peroxide in the body.
  3. Deficient in PABA / Biotin / Inositol (B vitamins) – It is the microbiome (gut flora) that helps produce and recycle these.

Health Benefits of Vitamin E
• Anti-Sterility (Increases fertility)
• Hot Flashes
• Helps reduce intensity of spider veins.
• Premature Wrinkles – it improves the skin.

Pituitary is the storage for a lot of your vitamin E, so when you go into menopause and you lose the function of the ovary, the vitamin E drops significantly. Women that are pre-menopausal or menopausal have much lower vitamin E levels than they did before that change. If you are menopausal, make sure you eat a lot of leafy greens, seeds/nuts, and wheat germ oil, or take a vitamin E complex but make sure that it is not the synthetic version.

Other:

[1] Health Benefits of Unsulphured Blackstrap Molasses (high in Copper)

[2] 5 Tips to Reverse Grey Hair Naturally (Plus One Clever Cover Up)

[3] Morocco: Women get together to sell Argan oil Extracting real Argan oil is a pain staking arduous process! (best grey hair coverage on planet earth and can be used on colored hair besides boiling potato skins or combing onion water (catalase) into your hair to prevent it from greying (hydrogen peroxide), wheat grass powder (taken internally) is another one that helps reverse grey hair.

(Marianne) #27

Yup - and elbows - resolved!