Breath ketone measurement options?

Looking at getting a breath ketone tester. Options I’ve found searching around are

1. LEVL $600 + monthly costs
  2. Ketonix $150-$250
  3. Ketometer $100
  4. Cheap alcohol breathalyzer $10-$30

Who has tried all or most of them and what do you guys think? Was leaning toward the ketometer but what was wondering if the sensor was the same as in the cheaper breathalyzer or an acetone specific one. I guess I might just stick to the once a week blood strip test I can find them $1-1.50. So not bad but want to see how different foods and activities change the levels.

(KCKO, KCFO) #2

This thread might help you decide what to do. I personally don’t like to prick myself, I found the cheap breathalyzer a great aid in my weight loss journey and helps me keep the weight off.

I own a Ketonix (version 1), Xtra, and Mojo. Purchased in that order.

The Ketonix is a great idea, but it wasn’t precise enough because technique greatly influenced results. If you just want a general idea of where you’re at, it will suffice.

Ketone meters are the gold standard. If you’re the type who geeks out on tracking your metrics, this is the way to go. All ketone meters can also read blood glucose.

Ketones provide only half the story. The other half is blood glucose levels, which is a better proxy for insulin. How your body responds to different foods, tracking IR over time, etc. Glucose meters and their strips are cheap.

I have a precision extra($1.50 each)and a reli on for glucos(18¢ Each). Running an average of 0.5 and 80 GKI of 8.8 in the morning fasted and 1.0 and 89 GKI of 5.2
Was looking for something I can use to test more often that would give me more info. Also I listened to the founders video on why breath ketones are a better indicator of one using ketones rather than just making them. I’ve been on keto for ~3.5 months. Started for the long term health benefits and I’ve always leaned toward the savory side of food. I’m alreafy active and lean. I actullay lost weight that I didn’t want to when starting because I had to undo the fat phobia brainwashing, lol. I’m in the process of gaining it back. I’ve never measured ketones higher than 1 and blood glucose has been as low as 65. I almost always test fasted 12+ hours and ketones average .5 and glucose of ~85. Puts me in moderate ketosis. Nights are higher and then have a gki of ~5 which = functional ketosis. Basically like the numbers and seeing how foods affect them. Read thru the majority of that thread wow lots of info. Was just looking for 1st hand info about the higher end breath monitors. Will definitely pick up one of the cheapo ones but I do believe in you get what you pay for. reason why I do the blood test once a week just done have $$$$ to spend to blood test multiple times a day. Why I was looking at the ketometer seem just as good as he Ketonix for 1/2 the price.

Did you ultimately buy a breathalyzer? I was considering the AT6000 that collaroygal mentioned below.

(Mother of Puppies ) #6

I’m interested in geeking out on the numbers to become stricter with it.