Body refuses ketosis in high stress work environment

(Michael Heffez) #21

I will save your life right now! I was going through the exact, and I mean the exact same thing as you. I was on the keto diet, and strict keto for nearly 2 years until I have had a near seizure like episode. What I finally found out afterwords was that it was anxiety attacks. If you are working that long of a shift, you are putting an immense stress on your body and your body is going to use up all that glucose which may even come from your brain leaving you extremely stressed and craving the glucose, hence your body is going to need carbs to function and I promise, you will not gain weight. After about a year on the keto diet it was impossible and I mean virtually impossible for me to lose any weight; in fact I was gaining weight this is all whilst doing intermittent fasting and being strict keto but I was bike riding about 4, 5 to maybe six hours a day. I empathize with you and will give you this piece of advice to save your life: get off the keto diet ASAP. You can revisit it in the future for perhaps a short term. But the cons definitely outweigh the pros, especially in our circumstances. All that amazing energy and all is good however, if your body is severely stressed out, and I mean chronically stressed out – primarily due to the combination of keto & exercise, you are going to eventually experience these panic/anxiety attack symptoms which are extremely frightening. I would advise to abort the keto diet, take what you learned from it, and transition into an extremely low carb diet and you will see that your body will thank you for doing so.