Belly fat not disappearing

(Empress of the Unexpected) #44

Oh yes. Even at my age they have to do three mammogram views because I have dense breast tissue. That I’m okay with.

Ugh, you should do thermography. All that radiation will cause cancer. Smh, I swear the medical community may be trying to kill us. I’m 52 and reduce to do mammogram, they are dangerous.

(Rob) #46

@Regina,
I’m convinced also that " my body will figure things out". I’m approaching my 8th week of keto and so far I’ve lost 3 pounds … no inches in the places I measured. Blood glucose levels are consistently lower than when I started - a plus. Yep … conscientiously measure carbs, portions, macros every day to make sure nothing is sneaking in … carbs consistently below 20. I have less to lose than some -25# at best - but losing is harder than I thought it was going to be. Just turned 60 and keeping weight off was fairly easy up until early 50s. kept putting off getting rid of “a few extra pounds” until it turned into a noticeable belly. I’ve stayed active, thought my diet was good until i actually took stock of what I was eating … now I know how I got to where I am!

Said all that to say that you put into a few words the thought that keeps me moving forward and not giving in to negativity … “I truly believe my body will figure things out”. I believe it will … eventually.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #47

Same experience. Until 50 I was thin. The belly thing started so subtly that it didn’t register with me that I was gaining like four or five pounds a year. Gained 35 pounds which for me was a lot. Accidentally (I’m a natural carnivore, hadn’t then heard of Keto) went Keto four years ago and lost 15, which crept back. I just turned 60 and for the first time in my life had a really high triglyceride level. Belly? Triglycerides? Finally made the connection. .

(Empress of the Unexpected) #48

Shock absorption? Good to hear. I could fall from a ten story building at this point and be just fine!! Assuming I landed on my belly!!

HAHAhaha, excellent sense o’ humor on the keto journey :purple_heart:

(James H Shaffer) #50

I have lost 145 lbs since 10-08-2017 and the belly right in the front is the slowest to disappear, thinking the next 50-80 lbs it should be going because I have lost a ton of weight everywhere else. dropped 10 pant sizes.

(Doug) #51

Good to hear, James. :slightly_smiling_face:

Even at my heaviest - 340 lbs/155kg - I was almost “normal” looking from behind. Well, that might be stretching the truth a little, I don’t know… But there was a world of difference between that and a full-on side view. :smile:

Holy cow 145 pounds in 7 months? That’s amazing. Congratulations that’s awesome progress!

(Vimal Vj) #53

I have been on keto for 3 months, first two months, no cheat days at all, zero carbs, fats, protein and veggies, I was 83 before and after two months I reached 75, face shrunk, a lot of the stomach reduced drastically, but now muscles have build nicely, but the Lower stomach is still there, though less compared to what it was, dropped from 22.3 percent fat to 15 percent the last I checked, I feel good, but yea when you see your belly bigger than the rest of the body, it is weird, especially when you tuck in and try to sit down, the most weird feeling, u am gonna try to increase the cardio a bit, but don’t want to loose the muscle I build, so if anyone of you have any thoughts about this, do let me know, much appreciated, we all are in the same struggle, good to know I am not alone in the fight :blush:

(Pete A) #54

Give it time. Same boat here.

(Raj Seth) #55

@Aqua_chonk surely you didn’t mean “look and feel like a Keto failure.

(James H Shaffer) #56

down 170 after a month plus stall but sill have the “gut” waiting for it to disappear :slight_smile:

(Central Florida Bob ) #57

James, you’re blowing my mind. 170 pounds since October? That’s more than half a pound per day. Really amazing.

Congratulations!!

I feel your pain! In the last few years I have definitely put some fat on the girls, but not that much. Even as a skinny person the tatas are large so even though I have been losing in the band size, the cup size has stayed the same.

(*Tame Those Ghrelin Gremlins) #60

I can donate extra boob fat to you haha. With my back issues I’ve been begging Keto to shrink them a bit. I would be happy with a B cup. Nope, Keto takes my arm fat, bust width but not the boobs lol.

(Scott) #61

I am a belly (beer gut) fat gainer. Through experience I have found the the belly is the last place I lose and the first place I gain it back. Only ten more to lose and the belly survives.

(Scott) #63

I am currently experimenting with a dramatic increase in exercise to see what happens. I am trying to hit 30 miles of running and three weight lifting visits to the gym a week. So far I have lost weight so by my logic I must be adding muscle and burning enough fat to more than offset that muscle gain. I am only midway through my second week but I would think that by the time I hit the one month mark I should have some sort of result.

(Kathryn) #64

Karen I have lost but still feel my belly is an issue. I had about 15 to loose so I’m almost 9lbs down but not happy with the belly. I’m 5’4 and weigh 131. I IF daily eating w meals and can barely get in 1200 cal. I’m told I cant go below that so sometimes I’m forcing myself to eat.
I keep protein around 65g and fat 85g net carbs 20g or less. Do you think I am doing the right thing and just need to be patient?