Badges like Xbox/PS4 Achievements?

(Michael Backus) #1

I’ve just got promoted to trust level 1! It almost feels like a game. There’s 15 levels to get? Challenge accepted! :video_game::joystick::shield::crossed_swords::dagger::desktop_computer::muscle:t2:

There’s only 4 levels (0-3) and yes, they designed “gamification” into Discourse to encourage and promote the most engaged and helpful members of the community. Also to discourage a new member from spamming the heck out of the forums on their first visit.

There’s some more information on trust levels here:

Badges are a part of the reward system too. Most of the are standard to DIscourse, but we’ve made up some custom ones as well. https://www.ketogenicforums.com/badges

Superb… it still excites me… thank you

(Little Miss Scare-All) #4

Wait till you get the Eat Infinite Cheese and Never Bloat skill point.

(Jay Patten) #5

Can I get a badge for accidentally eating a 1/2 pound of pecans (I was driving and not paying attention) and somehow staying in ketosis? :thinking:

(Little Miss Scare-All) #6

I have so many comments to make about this, and not a single one is appropriate. restraint

(Jay Patten) #7

Ha ha ha, the good thing is that I wasn’t hungry for the rest of the day :joy:

(Jay Patten) #8

Go ahead and let them rip. I deserve a flogging.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #9

Lmao it wouldn’t be to beat you up, just a slew of whitty, but flaggable, Badge names for you, all involving Nuts.

(Jay Patten) #10

Ha ha ha!

Badge granted!

(Little Miss Scare-All) #12

You have to go into your settings and apply it. I wanna see what it is! :grin:

It won’t mean much out of context

(Alec) #14

What an achievement!!!

(Jay Patten) #15

Ha ha ha, thanks, lol. It can be our inside joke :grin:

(Jay Patten) #16

Too funny, lol.

(varun gupta) #17

That’s really cognitive information to know about such a indomitable and concrete stuffs. I stolidly respect that effort and hope to keep the good work as same as always. Thank you for being so workaholic, it has server us the way we want. Indeed , grateful to you.