Any app better that MFP for tracking Keto?

Yes @championsidewinder, I’ve seen this as well. It’s puzzling, but I try to look at the manufacturer’s labels on the item I’m using. If the Cron-O-Meter numbers vary greatly, I just pick a different listing when it happens. I also have cross-reference the items with a book I have, but more rarely than at first. I’ve clocked about 18 months with Cron-O-Meter at this point. Now that I’ve been at goal weight since November, (140+ pounds lost) I’m logging my foods less regularly.

In practice, I don’t see all that many conflicts in listed values, because I don’t eat all that many different items.

I do wish adding my own recipes was more intuitive as to whether I want to add the ingredient list by weight or volume. Seems klunky, but I’ve not used a competetor’s app to any degree so I can’t compare.

(Julie ) #23

I use Carb Manager and really like it.

(Brandy) #24

I choose the actual brand of the item I’m using. If it’s not listed, I scan it. If it’s not a branded item such as produce, I enter the info manually in “My Foods” per the USDA food nutrition list. It’s a bit of work maybe but you can’t just trust blindly- and frankly, my nutrional education isn’t happening if I’m relying on someone else to put in the work.

(Championsidewinder) #25

I just don’t get it, everyone keeps saying cheese don’t have carbs but they do, cheese curds are 22 g for a cup n half

(Championsidewinder) #26

Carb manager is only good if you pay to get premium because the free version doesn’t show potassium, so the free version is worthless unless you pay per month

(Terence Dean) #27

Shane do you know you can copy the entire menu you used the day before with one click. You can also favorite foods that you use so they are easier to find. You can create a recipe which is a list of food items combined. So you could create a recipe called Breakfast and add all the food you have for that.

I also like creating my own custom food items, where I can input the nutritional data for a particular food item. Often the breakdown in Australia is slightly different to the US databases.

(Mean Raw Raw Mean) #28

Keto Plot

(Running from stupidity) #29

At least tell people that it’s yours, it’s got ads, and you’re back here posting for the first time since August in order to flog it.

(Mean Raw Raw Mean) #30

It’s mine.
Yes, it has ads.
I’m sure you don’t work for free.
If you don’t find it useful, move on. If you do, use it and if you don’t like ads, pay $3 to remove them forever.

(Running from stupidity) #31

All I said was: “be honest, don’t just post a link as if it’s just something you like.”

But there’s zero chance I’m changing from Cronometer, even if I was some poor old Apple user.