Am I having stroke symptoms or keto flu?

Thanks. So the ketogenic diet then is stroke preventive? I have another thread where I was looking for studies but didn’t get any. Do you know of any?

Yeah, I believe I found one about recovery. Right now I’m on my phone and can’t search very well. I’ll look on my puter tonight and post.

Thanks, I’ve seen plenty that show it as good for recovery. Do you know of any that show it as preventative?

(Kiranjeet Bhabra) #24

I feel off the wagon due to keto flu…not 2 say glad but really glad there are som1 who has the same symptoms as me…will be starting off keto again…

Im T2D since 26yr old…hypertension 29 now with anxiety obese with 30kg over weight and height of 5’2… ( most probaly during d keto flu made my anxiety worst…i am off SSRI since oct 2018…ever since on keto diet DaY 3 i been having palpitations and insomnia during my keto flu ) pls any advice desperately need help

(Kiranjeet Bhabra) #25

Bout doctors…no idea of Keto i certainly agree with u LOL

(Christopher McCollum) #26

I’m new to Keto, but to be fair your Dr can’t make you get off Keto. But he/she CAN adapt their medical advice to you lifestyle since what you’re doing isn’t unhealthy. With any patient, there are a multitude of directions one could go to mitigate a problem. Take a K supplement, eat more K filled foods, etc.

Keto is dangerous by any stretch from what I can tell. If it was why would there be so many Dr’s pushing it?

Just my 2 cents

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #27

Since I’ve been eating a ketogenic diet since early 2017 and my blood work is now completely normal, I’d say that a ketogenic diet can hardly be considered dangerous. My doctor is completely in favour of the way I eat.

HI Buffy! and I know this thread is ancient, but still saying HI…:slight_smile: yes when we detox from any nasty chemical/high sugar life foods we can easily ‘go down’ and many experience worse.

So you never have to be ‘overweight’ and you can be one of the most super unhealthy person internally. No extra weight never means one doesn’t have to ‘walk thru adaption’ toward health ever. Change of eating lifestyle can bring that out in anyone.

Eating very low carb/keto/zc/paleo etc is a super improvement any person can benefit from easily, but we ‘all detox and change’ thru adaption time so we have a personal journey unique to each of us.