Advice to get calcium score lowered?

(Tommy Ellis) #1

Had a CT calcium score done.
Left main 0
lAD 70
CX 2
RCA 209

• anyone have any advice how to get my numbers down? I have zero symptoms. My hba1c has went from 6.2 to 5.1 in my 5 months of Keto so that’s a plus.

(TJ Borden) #2

If I remember correctly, as long as the number doesn’t get bigger, you’re okay. I thInk the jury is out on whether or not you can lower the number, at least by any significanc.

(Candy Lind) #3

I know I just saw something on here in the last couple of days about someone who actually lowered their score but I can’t recall where. I will look through my posts and see if I can find it …

(Candy Lind) #4

FOUND IT! BOOM! It’s post 39 in THIS THREAD.

(Rob) #5

Search for the answer grasshopper… as @CandyLindTX showed you… this has been discussed several times… Here is another with some good insights.

In general keeping it stable is key, reducing it is a bonus. If it is stable then it is unlikely that plaques are building and becoming unstable since it is one of these breaking off and floating to your brain, heart or lungs is usually what gets you.

Magnesium and Vit K2 supplementation are common approaches when built on a low-inflammatory diet such as keto. It is the inflammation that is causing the plaquing in the first place so you must stop that first (which I assume you are doing since you are here :smile:).