5 weeks in

(Cathal ) #1

Hi been doing this for 5 weeks and loving it gone from 108.5 kg to 97.4 have the keto strips test myself everyday when I get in from work but today I have not eaten much and when tested strip did not change colour
Net carbs was 7 a lot less from other days.
Any tips ?

(Jim Russell) #2

How you feel is more important than how purple your test strips are. Do you feel significantly different than you did yesterday? More hungry? Foggy brain? Weak? If not, you’re fine.

What the urine strips are measuring are the ketones that your body is not using. I haven’t tested using the urine strips in several months, but when I got back into doing keto in April, they only briefly showed any color at all and quickly went to showing no change. I have a blood ketone measuring device and a breath ketone measuring device and they both show that I am in ketosis even though the urine strips show no ketones. Urine ketone tests are also affected by how much water you have been drinking, the more water, the less concentrated the ketones.

Keep Calm and Keto On

(Cathal ) #3

Thanks mate

(Barbara Greenwood) #4

The urine strips stop showing ketones for many people after a few weeks or months. This is because your body gets used to working with ketones and stops wasting them in urine.

Either get a blood meter, or rely on other signs, such as how you feel. If you are in ketosis and Keto-adapted, you should feel well, with a good steady level of energy. Also hunger changes for most people and it becomes easy to go many hours without eating.

(Cathal ) #5

Thanks Barbara might have to get a blood tester

(Anderson Herzogenrath Da Costa) #6

You can also use a breath ketone meter (ketonix) or use a cheap breathalyser (not totally realiable… but cheap!)

(Empress of the Unexpected) #7

So do the urine test strips stop turning color when you become fat adapted, or just when your body starts getting used to working with ketones?