2Ketodudes Podcast Taking a Long Break

(Richard Morris) #21

Carl’s 2KD patreon account will continue to keep the podcasts and blog online. Patrons of 2KD will continue to have the 2KD patron flare on the ketogenic forums. [thank you for your support BTW]

I have created a new patreon at http://patreon.ketogenicforums.com/ specifically for the forum. There will be new flairs. Still working on that.

(Ian Patey) #22

Can’t say I’m not disappointed. Started with The Obesity Code and found your podcast that took me (male 6’0")from 303 to 218. In your absence and throughout I have been “supplementing” my continuing low carb/keto education with Nina Teicholz on Audible, and have added many more podcasts to the queue. If we can’t have you, @carl and @carrie, can I suggest to the forum that the learning can continue with other great podcasts, including Low Carb MD, Peak Human, Fat Emperor, Diet Doctor, Biohackers Lab, Primal Blueprint and Low Carb USA, to name a few. Keep on keeping on, people! And thank you to Carl, Richard and Carrie for giving us your time and our health. Cheers.

(jcshrunked) #23

@richard THANK YOU FROM ALL OF US! Tell @carl I took Coding bootcamp because I wanted to be a cool
Dude like you guys. LOL!

Again, heartfelt thank you for the 2Ketodudes.

(Ricky Foutz) #24

ahhh, this isn’t on Apple Podcasts. I wondered. Thanks for sharing. Bummer to hear, I really enjoy them. Change your minds!!!

(back and doublin' down) #25

Done! and it’s not about the flair, it’s about keeping the work and the community alive. Please accept my heartfelt gratitude for all the efforts and personal sharing you, Carl and the whole group has done, and continues to do to share the message of this incredible way of eating. I’m sure I speak for many who will never post, who never came to this forum, yet heard your work and made incredible changes in their lives (including the man who turned me on to you guys).

Thank you, Thank you!
Susan

(KCKO, KCFO) #26

Just signed up at VIP level.

I think everyone should know you can sign up at $!, $3, or $5 (+) levels.

So happy to support this community that has changed mine and my husband’s lives so much. Oh and my hair dresser and her huband’s too.

(Carrie Brown) #27

Even though this is a hiatus from the podcast and definitely not goodbye, I too am super sad. I love recording with Cousin @carl - and @richard when we could inveigle him on a show amidst his studies. They are the best kind of Dudes and I will miss the weekly interaction and all the behind the scenes chat as well.
I am looking forward to what unfolds for 2KetoDudes in the future!

THANK YOU all for being here and for being part of something that has changed probably hundreds of thousands of lives for the better. We could not have done what we did, or what we will do in the future without you.

Just THANK YOU.

Your Keto Dudette.

(Bob M) #28

It must have been a massive amount of work to do these episodes. I was thinking if I wanted to do one, and I would have to see who the guest would be and prepare probably for weeks in advance. Then, you still have to have a recipe, a discussion of what happened since the last podcast, and a pleasing personality. It seems like a huge undertaking.

(KCKO, KCFO) #29

@CarrieBrown, will ketofest in Sept. still be in the works? I loved my experience in New London last summer even if it was hotter than Hades.:smiling_imp: I hope others will get to attend a Ketofest in the future.

I’ve gone to Patreon and I now contribute to 2dudes, KetoWoman, and the ketogenicforums. I hope others will do the same.

(Carrie Brown) #30

You forgot @carriebrown on Patreoon (!) :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ketofest is down in Houston in mid-October! Hope you can come!

(Piglets = Bacon Seedlings) #31

OMG… I am only up to listening to April 2018. This has now become a “spoiler” thread!!! To all 3 of the Dudes… thanks for all the encouragement you gave the newbie to Keto! Also, thx so much for creating this awesome forum to keep up the work for the long term!

(kovack) #32

Richard, Carl and the gang. Thank you for helping so many. The wheels of change are turning. Being Keto is easier and more accepted now than when I began my journey 4 years ago (which also was the start of 2 keto dudes).
Keto on, brothers and sisters.

You guys have impacted a lot of lives and I am grateful for the information. I was around for the second Atkins craze of the late 90s early 2000 and everything was moving in the right direction until the higher ups decided to knock it down. They have tried the same with Keto but thanks to social media people can get “real” information that is not bought and paid for. I know I personally stay away from most of the processed stuff, but if low sugar/carb items can catch on like the “low fat” lie then more options will be available. I know many restaurants in the early 2000s had whole meal low carb options that died quickly due to all the lies going around about long term safety. We are now 40-50 years into that long term myth.

(Richard Morris) #35

It took me over 5 hours to research the subject and build a script, and Carl about as many to edit the audio and get the podcast into publish worthy format.

Making it look like we just showed up and started talking tho is down to @carl 's skill as a podcaster with several decades experience. I have no idea how he does that, because if it were just up to me you’d hear just a recitation of items from a 3 page outline of points.

(KCKO, KCFO) #36

That’s what set you guys apart. I listen to other podcasts, but yours are the best. I keep going back to them because they are gold mines of information.

(Central Florida Bob ) #37

What made the podcast stand out to me was you guys have an obvious chemistry, which I have to assume is from being friends a long time.

I’m waiting to buy that book. The title (as best I recall), “Why Does a Fat Man Get Hungry?” is both the most compelling question and the arrow to the heart of the issue. If fat is stored to keep us going in times of no food, why can’t it be accessed and used to keep hunger suppressed? Why should someone with tens of pounds of body fat ever get hungry? Which leads to a host of other questions.

(Windmill Tilter) #38

This is the first I’ve heard about the book, but I’m definitely interested! It’s going to be by @richard I gather?

Time to switch that banner ad at the top of the forum to raise awareness!

(jcshrunked) #39

The audio quality is top notch.

Thank you @collaroygal :blush:

Yes, to be clear, I have been solely responsible for the Keto Woman podcast since January 2019 - that is costs and production. As @richard discussed, it does indeed take a lot of work. I have calculated that each episode takes me about 2 days to produce :astonished: I love it but it is quite a commitment! Learning how to edit was a steep learning curve but it is nice to learn a new skill.

As you mentioned @collaroygal I have a Patreon account where people can help me get the podcast out every week. I am very grateful to everyone who helps me in the many ways that they do both by supporting me financially but also by sharing posts and getting the word out to help grow my audience. I am not around as much as I used to be on the forum just because too many places I need to be in at once but I do check in regularly so just tag me if you want my attention.

(Joey) #41

@richard You’re beyond awesome. And you’ve all touched too many lives for the better to attempt to count.

Thank you and best wishes to you in your studies, and all the best to @carl and @CarrieBrown!