Pork Belly

(Kathy L) #41

This link doesn’t work for me…

(Jamie) #42

Would so like to check out @richard 's pork belly recipe, but it seems the Azure site is down.

(Richard Morris) #43

which recipe? The porchetta one?

That is here

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #44

This is the current website, unfortunately I can’t edit my original post

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #45

Unfortunately I can’t update my original post, the updated link is available

(Kathy L) #46

The porkbelly I’ve been able to find doesn’t have the skin on it - will it still work with the fat layer on top?

(Andrew Anderson) #47

I did pork belly burnt ends this weekend. I used a small amount of Splenda brown sugar on the 10lb slab. I spruced up the Walden farms bbq sauce into something good to finish them off. Bacon Candy!

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #48

I haven’t made this without the skin, but all you’ll miss is the crunch; it should still be good without the skin :sunglasses:

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #49

I’ve bookmarked this, looks amazing!

(Richard M) #50

I got done making this recipe. They tasted so moist and full of flavor and didn’t even add the sauce. Next time when I finish at 500 degrees I’ll use my air fryer. Thanks

(Alec) #52

My pork belly recipe is very simple, but delicious… I turn it into a salty crunchy snacky thing:

1. Salt up the raw pork belly, add some water around the base, and roast on 200C for 45mins.
  2. Allow to cool, then cut up into half inch cubes
  3. Then salt again, and place in baking tray once again for 30 minutes on 220C or until the cubes become crunchy
  4. Add more salt
  5. Eat warm or cool in fridge to be used as a travel snack

Don’t be surprised with how the pork belly “shrinks” in the cooking process. The fat gets subsumed into the meat, and it almost becomes fried. Once cooked, you can’t tell the fat from the meat. Delish!

(Robin) #53

Yeah, that sounds perfect. I have never made it but am able to find it at a cou-le good restaurants here. Occasionally they will not be crispy enough and are too fatty, even for me.
But a good pork belly can’t be beat!

(Alec) #54

My intent with this recipe is to force it crispy. All the way through. So no fat, no softness, just salty, snacky crispiness. I keep baking it until it is crispy!