Churros con chocolate

(Richard Morris) #1

Originally published at: http://blog.2keto.com/recipe/churros-con-chocolate/

Churros is the Spanish street food - donuts with melted chocolate sauce.

For me it’s not something I’d have every night, but it is certainly something you could have as a special dessert after a Tapas meal along with an espresso

[wpurp-searchable-recipe]Churros con chocolate - - Churros: Fine Almond Flour, Coconut Flour, water, eggs, butter, Cinnamon Powder (+ a little extra for sprinkling), Powdered Sweetener ( + a little extra for sprinkling ), Baking Powder, Chocolate Sauce: cacao butter, cacao powder, pure sucralose (A smidgeon is 1/32nd of a teaspoon), Pure Cream, Churros: In a pot boil Water, Butter, Sweetener and take of the heat once boiling; Add to a bowl containing dry ingredients (Flours, baking powder and cinnamon) ; Add 2 eggs and mix well, then put the bowl in the fridge for 15 mins to chill.; Spoon mix into a piping bag and pipe onto a silicone baking sheet ; Bake at 180C/350F for 15 minutes ; Fry in boiling tallow in a deep fryer, or you can shallow fry in butter in a pan; Chocolate Sauce: In a silicone container, microwave the cacao butter until it has melted (2x 60s worked for us); Add cacao powder, sweetener, and shake well until the mix tastes like melted chocolate.; Allow the mix to cool a little in the fridge until it has become luke warm, then add cream, and shake again. It should be pourable yet cling well to any churros or finger dipped in it; - [/wpurp-searchable-recipe]

(Jeremy Storie) #2

Finally :joy: this looks so good! Can’t wait to try it.

(TJ Borden) #3

My thought EXACTLY. @richard is really practicing his showmanship to get us to keep tunning in to the podcast. We’ve been waiting a month for this.:drooling_face:

(Heidy) #4

1 word. Yummmmm!! :slight_smile:

(Liz Myers) #5

I mixed them up and baked them last night, and fried them in tallow tonight - sooooooo good, even without the chocolate sauce.

(TJ Borden) #6

Looking forward to trying this. I used these as an excuse to order a fry daddy (free one day shipping - god bless amazon). I had to really sell it since I’m still in trouble for buying the sous vide.

(thefeatherdustersllc) #7

Yum!!!