Carl's Amazing Keto Corn Bread

(carl) #1

Originally published at: http://blog.2keto.com/recipe/carls-amazing-keto-corn-bread/

Miss corn bread much? I did. This is a basic almond flour bread made with baking powder, but with a twist. The secret to this amazing facsimile of corn bread is the use of a couple key ingredients that fool the senses: taste, smell, and sight.

Let’s start with flavor. I found this amazing “corn bread” flavoring online that has zero carbs but brings that buttery sweet corn essence that you get when you break open a piece of corn bread right out of the oven.

Secondly, I use Allulose as the sweetener. There is no chemical aftertaste, and it does absolutely nothing to my blood sugar.

Finally, corn bread is yellow. I add a drop of yellow food coloring to complete the illusion. You won’t believe it!

Photos will follow soon.[wpurp-searchable-recipe] - - almond flour (extra fine), allulose (or other sweetener), salt, baking powder, heavy cream, avocado oil, egg, corn bread flavoring ((see link above)), yellow food coloring, Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Spray or lightly grease a 9 inch round cake pan, a cast iron pan, or a cupcake pan.; Mix wet ingredients and dry ingredients in separate bowls.; Combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly.; Pour batter into pan(s) and cook for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown on top.; - [/wpurp-searchable-recipe]

Some people use chopped up baby corn as an ingredient to add more of a corn flavor and texture…

(Full Metal KETO AF) #3

…and carbs. :wink:

Not nearly as much as regular corn…