You know you're a ketoer when

(Susan) #1197

That is really fantastic, well done, and yes my hubby I give mostly Keto suppers too, and (annoying to me struggling on a stall) but he has lost like 15 pounds from me doing this… Men and their losing easier then us ladies, grr haha.

(Ashley) #1198

So you know your a ketoer when you put on a tee shirt out of the dryer thinking it’s yours and then realizing it’s your dads! He’s about 180lbs and I’ve gone from 254 to 195. So a XXL men’s tee shirt size ( even though I am female I used to wear males as night tee shirts) to being able to wear my dads size L. It’s crazy I can actually fit into my dads shirts now. It’s hitting me how much weight I’ve lost. It’s making me realize how amazing 60lbs in a year and a half is. (lots of ups and downs with carb addiction) I think I’m finally hitting a point my brain is easier to say no carbs. So exciting!

(Susan) #1199

@monsterjuice

Congrats, Ashley this is awesome.

Very exciting indeed, so nice!

What happened with those 2 little kitties that you rescued the other day? Are you keeping them?[quote=“monsterjuice, post:1198, topic:7350, full:true”]
So you know your a ketoer when you put on a tee shirt out of the dryer thinking it’s yours and then realizing it’s your dads! He’s about 180lbs and I’ve gone from 254 to 195. So a XXL men’s tee shirt size ( even though I am female I used to wear males as night tee shirts) to being able to wear my dads size L. It’s crazy I can actually fit into my dads shirts now. It’s hitting me how much weight I’ve lost. It’s making me realize how amazing 60lbs in a year and a half is. (lots of ups and downs with carb addiction) I think I’m finally hitting a point my brain is easier to say no carbs. So exciting!
[/quote]

(Ashley) #1200

They are still in my garage! With the door open so they can go as they please, I live in the country so no main roads. They seem to be staying for now. I need to save up some money so I can get the some vet treatment. My local animal shelter isn’t no kill sadly. And no ones interested in taking them. I’d let them come in if I knew they weren’t felv positive. But I can’t risk my other cats getting ill. They seem content though. I bathed them and dewormed ( not 100% sure If they have worms). Also gave them some flea medication so their good there. They need shots and test to make sure they aren’t sick before I can try to let them checkout indoors. But main thing is their fed and happy.

(Susan) #1201

That is great =). I was wondering about them.

You now you’re a dedicated Ketoer when…you go out for a celebratory birthday dinner, and only have coffee and water - 'cause you’re fasting.

…and you take a pat of butter of your kid’s plate, and drop it in your coffee.

…and you order a lovely prime rib to go, to eat upon ending the fast.

This was me last week when I took the 3 youngest kids out for my son’s 22nd birthday. The waitress came to take our order. The kids all ordered, then it was my turn. I said, “I’ll just have coffee” The waitress look alarmed. I told her I was fasting, and she was like “Oh, cool.” My son, on the other hand, facepalmed, and said…“THIS is what its like going out to dinner with Mom on her diet! You’re fasting ALL THE TIME!” (He’d had a few Coronas by this time, so he was a little loud.) It was pretty funny, though. I told her, “on the other hand, if you can put in an order for a prime rib to go - that would be great.”

The OTHER cool thing…You know you’re a ketoer when you announce your new lowest weight to the family, and the 21 yo daughter remarks, “Mom!!! How can you weight less than me!!! That’s not fair!”…while eating her Cocoa Pebbles. :joy::joy::joy:

My 14 yo is on Keto now…100%. No more cheats.

(KCKO, KCFO) #1203

Can’t give that enough hearts.

I went to breakfast with DH to a local bagel place. DH has found a dish they offer that doesn’t play havoc with his BS, a breakfast croissant sandwich. I was fasting so I had black coffee and just watched all the people going in and out with bags of bagels thinking “So glad that is not me anymore”. I used to love this place. Not even my DH’s sandwich was tempting.

(Diane) #1204

FANTASTIC!

(Diane) #1205

Good job! Bagels are still one of the things I miss every so often.

(Susan) #1206

This is soooooo awesome!! That is really lovely. Your 14 year old doing Keto 100% is going to be a very healthy person, that is great.

(Karen) #1207

Oh how I suffer with this one! I want everyone to know how useful keto is, and yet after my initial weight loss I really haven’t lost much more. Looks like it doesn’t work that well to everyone else.

(Dee In NY, US wasT2D. Started keto June 14, 2019) #1208

… someone asks you when you last ate and you ask them “What’s today’s date?”

When the saying “never go shopping hungry” morphs into “never go shopping when you’re craving beef”…seriously blew my grocery budget today on steaks, then got home and only had the patience to sauté up some ground beef lol

(Cindy) #1210

You know you’re a ketoer when you go to brush your teeth in the morning only to discover a glob of yesterday’s bacon stuck in the bristles of your toothbrush.

True story! :joy:

(Jane) #1211

You’ve been fasting for 42 hours and you happily think… “only 24 more hours until I can eat!” and it is no big deal.

:laughing:

(KCKO, KCFO) #1212

This is why I use a water pic nightly now.

(Dee In NY, US wasT2D. Started keto June 14, 2019) #1213

…your grocery basket looks like

(Jane) #1214

:rofl:

(Troy) #1215

Going to (3) .99 cent stores in the same day
Shopping for my FAV Keto go to foods and snacks😄
Saving $. Cha-Ching!!

In hindsight, I spent more in freaking SoCal $4 a gallon gas doing so :rage:
Neglecting some frugalness

Sigh

wow I was reading thru this thread and funny as heck…and I can so relate to so much of it LOL

You know you are there when you tell the truth and don’t have to puff it all fluffy for others to handle. don’t bat an eye anymore…….how do you eat? I eat meat and seafood only. Nothing else and smile and are happy as a clam telling it like it is!

omg the looks that used to worry me…no flinch at all now. It is me.