You know you're a ketoer when

(Aimee Moisa) #813

Yeah, frequently the voices in our heads are louder than anything going on around us.

(Shayne) #814

I can see that thought going through my coworker’s heads as they try to offer me food! They respect what I’m doing, but it’s different, so they’re not quite sure what to do.

(#inforthelonghaul, KCKO, KCFO) #815

I got that feeling after I started fasting, keto’s best friend. I was a “you’ll die if you don’t eat person” up til I started fasting. Now it is “eating, after only a couple of days, really, not sure I’m ready to do that” kinda person.

Dang keto, the markets near me might have to go out of business without me stocking up all the time.

(Sophie) #816

You know it when you begin to have feelings of anxiety after you notice there is only a dozen eggs left in the fridge! :anguished:

(So much bacon . . . so little time . . .) #817

And you’re down to one quart of heavy cream!

(Trace) #818

You run out for lunch, and come back to work with a ready roasted pork joint, then munch away happily… crackling first obviously!

(A ham loving ham! - VA6KD) #819

I was on a business trip too recently and tried that same Kroger brand HWC. It was very sweet to me but there’s no added sweetener…I wonder what they do to it?

(A ham loving ham! - VA6KD) #820

If I’m making a coffee with hwc, I usually just tip back a slurp of coffee into the container to “water down” that last little bit before pouring it back into my coffee… Coffee backwash! :slight_smile:

(Troy) #821

When I forget my KETO paraphernalia​:flushed::sweat:
My lifeline!!!
(Nice thicker zip loc mini bag…love it)
And I miss this more than forgetting my phone lol

pleass empty ur pockets
Like I mentioned b4 “ yes officer. It’s salt “:smile:

(Stephanie) #822

I had one large tupperware container in the fridge filled with different cheeses. Now I have two…

Almost cried tonight when I realised we used up all the avocados.

Asked my boyfriend a few days ago “what happened to all the eggs?”.

(Jane) #823

:laughing:

Not kidding! We go through so many eggs we are going to build a chicken coop and start raising hens next year. Seriously!!!

(Karen) #824

Brought a bottle with 4oz heavy whipping cream. They did stop me at security, I explained it was for coffee on the plane.

(TJ Borden) #825

Did they make you take a swig to get it down to 3 ounces?

(Alec) #826

I tried freezing some cream a few weeks back. It didn’t end well! :rofl::rofl:

(Jamie Marie ) #827

I use a pasta spoon, place an egg on it and gently lower it into the boiling water. It works better than anything else I’ve tried.

Then you realize that nothing really gives you anxiety anymore. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

(Allie) #829

When you use almost a whole 250g block of butter on just one batch of pancakes and two fatty (decaf) coffees…

(Ellen) #830

When you realise you’ve just had a 1300+ calorie, very high fat salad and are happy about it.

Me too!

My wife’s been doing this for a while now, and yes, uses a large spoon to lower them into the boiling water. - But recently learned that after they cook for (15 minutes)? You then take them out of the water and place them in an empty, larger pot and cover it with a lid. Holding the lid shut, then you simply shake them around vigorously for maybe 15-20 seconds, this way and that, and that’s it. … Most are shell-less when you look in the pot, and if there are any with minor pieces still on, it plucks right off. (She just smiles and says how nice it is to peal 1-1/2 dozen eggs in less the 30 seconds.) :slight_smile: … Has worked every time that I know of.