What did you Keto today?

(Michelle) #249

Is this the same as “fathead” pizza crust recipes?

(G. Andrew Duthie) #250

Carlshead pizza dough is @carl’s variant which skips the egg:

(Tom) #251

The coffee tastes even better if you maintain eye contact while adding the cream and sipping the coffee slowly.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #252

LMFAO!! Too funny

(Guardian of the bacon) #253

They are very similar, @carl’s leaves out the egg. ou have to watch overbrowning it. It will brown some more when you rebake it to melt the cheese and heat the toppings.

(Jonathan Bowers) #254

Sous Vide chicken breast 150f for 1 hour with spaghetti squash. Jalapeño poppers as an appetizer

(Jordie) #255

Yesterday I had (cream cheese) pancakes with (sugar free) maple-flavoured syrup, butter and bacon for breakfast; a Zambrero’s beef burrito-bowl (no burrito, no rice, extra guac and sour cream) for lunch - which made me so full I worried I’d eaten too much; and meltingly tender fillet steak with broccoli and carrot for dinner. When I plugged it all into MFP, I was under my calories and fat goal for the day, so I ate some brie!
Today it was frittata with cheese and spinach for breakfast and I’m planning a lettuce-wrapped burger with cheese and bacon for lunch; dinner could be any of the following options: beef and cheese sausages with caulimash, Cheese-shelled tacos, or more steak! It’s kind of hard to believe that food that tastes this good is melting fat off my body and healing my husband’s T2D!

(Patricia ) #256

That sounds really good!

(Stephanie Ford) #257

This newbie started out w/ a Day 1 fast. Here’s pics of Days 2 & 3!

Hey @JordieB, good job and bravo sticking to keto.

However, I think you said your MFP app showed you were under daily calorie goal, so you ate Brie to achieve calories target?

Don’t worry about MFP. Eat to satiety. That’s it. If it’s under calorie calculation that MFP comes up with, it doesn’t matter.

Simple guideline:
Eat when hungry to satiety, stop when not hungry
Net carb limit 20 grams
Protein 1 to 1.5 g per kg lean body mass
Eat fat to satiety

No calorie counting…ignore it…doesn’t mean anything

Hope this helps

Albacore tuna mixed with haas avocado, 3 grape tomatoes and lots of pepper!

(Michelle) #260

@bowersaurus - where do you get low carb tortillas? this looks delicious!!

(Jonathan Bowers) #261

Either go with the mission low carb tortillas or I tried these as well. Got them at my local ShopRite in the deli section.

A plate of keto yumminess

Keto Bounty Bars

(Scott Shillady) #263

Watch out for the nitrates in that broccoli

That is funny!

where’s the recipe for these lovely bounty bars you speak of?

They are a work in progress. Here is the recipe I started with. I have adapted it already but it needs more work. I will put it in recipes next time when it will be perfect hopefully.

http://thenourishedcaveman.com/coconut-chcocolate-bars-low-carb-snacks/

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #267

I’m drooling over the strips of fat on these pork chops, we’re grilling in a few minutes. This is one of the many benefits of purchasing a whole pig. I asked for classic cuts with minimal trimming leaving as much fat as possible. We split the pig with @Tcuster1

(Jacquie) #268

@Daisy Your plate of ‘keto yumminess’ is gorgeous! I can’t look at the Bounty bars as I’m in the sweetener free challenge this month. :smile: