What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(Candy Lind) #141

Matt’s bread is in post 46, @GodwinGoGo you wanted to know too. He posted it for me, so I needed to go find it again anyway.

Thank goodness we’re only in the hundreds, unlike the previous thread! :joy:

(Blessed with butter ) #142

Nope I am American but my dad was really funny with the sayings he made up.

(Candy Lind) #143

This! I’m lucky to have a Golden Corral (of all places!) that has a cool who knows how to cook liver (and no, it’s not breaded). I found it AFTER I’d already got my protein last time, so just sampled it. Next time I will make it my main protein. :grin:

I don’t like chicken livers, but I like other offal in general. I have some lamb hearts I need to cook up, and chicken gizzards ready to crisp up in bacon nectar after a dip in the Instant Pot.

(Blessed with butter ) #144

I don’t see much lamb in Oregon. Oops I guess we should go to the chat forum

(Candy Lind) #145

What bread recipe did you use for these? They look great!

(Candy Lind) #146

I got a Sous Vide today. Here’s my first attempt.

(Adriana) #147

I used this recipe: https://www.reddit.com/r/ketorecipes/comments/2a67gw/keto_empanadas/

I refrigerated the dough for half an hour because it was kind of soft to work with, after that it was fine. The filling is just shredded pork mixed with chipotles. Fried them in bacon fat :heart_eyes:

They tasted fine, but I may try another recipe next.

(Running from stupidity) #148

+1

It’s simple, you just setup prior, take the photo, move the perspex and the light, and you’re good to go!

Ah, that’s so awesome.

Poor little flying rats…

That’s awesome. I love how easy sous vide makes things.

You know, it’s THIS [spoiler]bloody[/spoiler] thread that REALLY runs me out of likes in a hurry…

Tonight, had a some Seasoned Pork Shoulder, with all the usual suspects. :slight_smile: … Plus some Cauliflower in a private pool of butter.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Must make eating out difficult.

(Running from stupidity) #151

Yeah, well, that would involve dealing with people, so…

Anybody that knows their butcher’s first name is my hero! :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck:

(Running from stupidity) #153

One of the great paradoxes is that I now know Robbie and he’s my friend. And I have no trouble talking to the others in the market who I know but not as well. Despite not knowing them at all four years ago :slight_smile:

I’ve got to wait 43 more minutes before I can like that.

(Troy) #155

:flushed:
Wow…interesting
What are those like?
Let me guess “ tastes like chicken “:joy:

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #156

They’re really good. Not like chicken!
Mild flavor. Not at all organ-y. More like a tender & delicate heart.

Love them. I’ve only had kidney from rabbits and lamb.

Saturdays late breakfast :slight_smile:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #158

I posted this in the wrong thread yesterday. Thanks @Digital_Dave Sorry for the repost.

Birthday today. 65 years young. There was a time that I thought I would not live this long. No longer that mindset. Keto is life, really! I am living my dream and feeling great. Decided dinner was a protein kind of meal.

Seared Tuna

Rib Eye (I did not eat all of this, but I wanted to)

Don’t drink often anymore. But today this was a delight:

And a handful of macadamia nuts. No pic.

Thanks to all of you for support and information and humor. My new WOE / WOL is easy and I feel so much better.

Well, apparently there’s a limit to a threads’ life? … Was catching up and went to post in the “What did you Keto today” thread, only to find the thread is now dead? (10,000 replies) :woozy_face: (See screenshot below) Either this, or Diane @dimorrill broke it! :smile: … Either way, I figured to make another one to continue with the daily Keto meals chats and images. :slight_smile:

(Ellie) #160

@juice got there first!
https://www.ketogenicforums.com/t/what-did-you-keto-today-mkii/61034/5

What did you keto day mark 2