What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

Haha… I know! :smile: - Started seeing little kids faces, and though of Hansel and Gretel. :slight_smile:

Well, tonight had an early dinner, since I had to take off a couple hours early for something else. It was also a ‘Guinea Pig Plate’ since the wife wanted to try a few things…

Slow-Roasted Pot Roast cooked in a Crock Pot overnight, with Radishes (potato replacements?) with gravy, Potato-Salad made with Cauliflower instead of Potatoes, Deviled Eggs with relish & ham bits, Fried Kale and some Pickles. … Followed it up with a couple squares of 90% Lindt Chocolate. :yum:

Red Lobster all I can eat shrimp is on the menu for dinner tonight. Celebrating the man’s birthday. I packed some Kerrygold so I don’t have to consume the butter flavored oil. It’ll be my first meal since dinner last night. My tummy is doing happy flips (growling) in anticipation!

(Karen) #264

Let us know.

K

(Doug) #265

Dave, some mighty good-looking plates you assemble. :slightly_smiling_face:

(Mike W.) #266

What “recipe” did you use?

(Mike W.) #267

Thai Coconut Curry Soup and cheddar biscuits. Recipe is in the recipes section. I substituted mushrooms for the onion and didn’t use any real garlic to save carbs. The mushrooms added a really nice earthiness.

(Karen) #268

Gorgeous, rich, creamy harvest soup!

K

Thank you, sir. Doing OMAD, I try to make it count. :slight_smile:

(Troy) #270

Simplicity
Pork rinds and Eggs😄

Well, apparently the Top Sirloin wasn’t on sale, or the menu, 2 days ago. So made another meat run today since the ‘New Sale’ started today. :woozy_face: … I’ve told the wife ‘it’s only a sale, if you buy something!’ :crazy_face:

Picked up a big-ole’ piece of the TS, and had it sliced into some Brontosaurus-steaks. (We did end up having to cut some even smaller, since they were bigger then the Food Saver! And couldn’t hardly get them in the bags!

Top right is another 5 lb. Bacon (on sale $) and a single London Broil the the left of the Bacon, cut in half. The rest is all just the sliced up Top Sirloin. Left a couple biggies for the Grill, and portioned some for single dinners.

When your London Broil is wider than the Food Saver…

And the TS was even bigger. Hope they’re hungry! :slight_smile: … We plan to make these big ones last 2/3 nights though. (And the wife was mad the paper placed between all the slices created darkened sections! … Non-Keto folk wouldn’t understand the pics should look nice! :smile:

(Adriana) #272

My pancake recipe is really similar! They taste better than regular pancakes, I’m sure yours are gonna be delicious :yum:

(Blessed with butter ) #273

I did it and probably ate too much.

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #274

Not exciting, but dinner.
3 egg cheese omelette cooked in butter alongside asparagus & a little onion sauted in olive oil. The dark on the omelette is liquid aminos (trying to mimic soy sauce which i miss).

May not look like it but this was over 1250 kcal.

(Adriana) #275

My dinner (and only meal) today was chicken salad with bacon, sour cream, almonds and avocado.

(Jody Crawford) #276

This delicious mess is lunch today. Broccoli, asparagus, pine nuts, salami sautéed in bacon fat and butter, hemp hearts added stirred through, then chucked in the bowl. Mayonnaise added and stirred in while some triple Brie is heating in the pan to become a gooey mess.

(Brandy) #277

I just used sausage and it’s grease, heavy cream, salt, cracked pepper and Xanthan gum. It was thick enough and had the taste of the sausage gravy I made for years, but Xanthan gum has this slimy mouth feel. I think I may have to just stick with reduced sauces. Nothing compares to a roux- unfortunate that roux wants to kill us all. :disappointed:

(Diane) #278

You can try glucomannan powder (AKA konjac flour) as a thickener for hot gravies/sauces. Start with 1/2 tsp of glucomannan per 1 cup of liquid. I find it behaves the most like flour or cornstarch for this application. Add more if you want a thicker sauce than this provides.

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #279

This is awesome. I’ve been eating konyaku noodles for decades, as I’m of Japanese ancestry. It’s been funny to see it getting discovered by ketoers. But I had NO idea one of the konjac products available was a flour! I’ll be looking for it. Thanks!

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #280

Breakfast (and after OMAD yesterday)

Pot Roast with juices reduced. 2 Fried eggs cooked in amish butter, and some home smoked blue cheese. Drinking tea now with 1 oz of coconut milk.