What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #181

Bam! This looks awesome.

(Sophie) #182

In my favorite playground today… peanut butter cookies recipe that I’ve got down to .6g net carbs each (still tweaking).

(Running from stupidity) #183

:metal::metal::metal::metal::metal:

We actually tried a Peanut Butter cookie recipe a few weeks ago, but they were very dry. Hope your’s are better.

The wife and son also did another meat run today before a new sale started tomorrow. … Picked up Full pack of Filet Mignon, 5 lbs. Bacon, 1/2 slab of Delmonico Steaks, 3 lbs. Ground Sausage and 1/2 slab of the Prime New York Strip Steaks. … Also some Pepperoni, and they also gave us a bag of cut scraps for the pups.

Then we did some Vacuum Sealing on some of it…

And split up the Bacon by the pound…

(Sophie) #185

Another nice haul! :+1: And I’d be a lost soul without my vac sealer! :smile:

Yeah, we’ve had one for more than 15 years, but actually just got this new one last week for my Birthday from my son. Figured to try it out. :wink:

(Sophie) #187

That’s a hellova test drive! :smile::+1:

(Running from stupidity) #188

Do we NEED this? No.

Does it make life a hell of a lot easier? Yes indeed!

Made pizza tonight…decided to eat dairy this weekend. I used @matt roll recipe listed above for the crust. It was pretty amazing. I made 2 rolls and 2 pizzas with the recipe. I was only able to finish half of my pizza. Toppings were pepperoni, salami, ham and bacon and mozzarella cheese

I’ve been predominantly carnivorous for the last couple of months and decided to transition back to keto. Maybe I’ll cycle back and forth, maybe I’ll just eat whichever way I feel like at the time. Anyway, the last couple of days I did OMAD to get back in the swing I suppose. Tonight I made a modified version of an Italian style soup since I can never follow a recipe. Chicken thigh meat (the recipe called for breast meat… bleh), hot Italian style sausage (chicken), mushrooms, spinach. Oh, and I threw in a Mich Ultra Amber along with the chicken broth to give it a little more oomph.
This was worth waiting until supper for.

Looks yummy! I find recipes are just suggestions…I often modify :slight_smile:

I have lots of cookbooks. I don’t remember the last time I actually followed a recipe, though. :smile:

(Running from stupidity) #193

Trying to get my wife to follow a recipe is like herding cats: “The first time we make something, follow the recipe exactly so we’ve got a baseline.”

“Yeah, sure”

(takes no notice of recipe)

(matt ) #194

Messed around with new processes for the matthead. Tasty results.

Mic - am I married to you?? :laughing:

(Running from stupidity) #196

I’ll check with my wife :slight_smile:

Recipes are to intuitive cooks like ethics laws are to politicians… more of a general idea than something to really concern yourself with. :laughing:

(Sophie) #198

Nice to see you back!

Decided to do a Big Salad tonight, and added a piece of a London Broil, a Turkey Sausage link with some Cheddar slices and Greek Yogurt. … And yes, my favorite bowl for salads, is the same size as a plate. :smile: But it really only appears that big! :wink: :roll_eyes: … Actually just took a few bites of steak, then cut it up to add to salad.

Also, not sure why the steak appears so dark in the picture? It really wasn’t, and I’m thinking I may have shadowed it somehow while taking the pic. The wife mentioned it too, when she saw it on my screen?

I want this recipe!