What did you Keto today?

Oh my goodness! My favorite Mexican dish ever!!! My housemate makes a killer version but it takes him 3 days lol.

Lucky…you! This one can be done in a couple of hours! :laughing: And it is keto!

Cool – I’m going to try yours! My housemate peels the walnuts, that’s too much for me lol… love the diced radish instead of pomegranate seeds.

(Sophie) #1926

This morning I had 2 pieces of bacon and 2 eggs fried in said bacon grease. And for dinner, I wanted to test a bastardized version of fathead pizza dough, so I did pigs stuffed with cheddar, in fathead blankets and broccoli salad. Even the non-keto hubby approved of this one! :smile:

Yeah, the traditional recipe calls for peeling the walnuts…but, no way for me to spend time doing that! I didn’t find that keeping the walnuts unpeeled made a difference anyway. The sauce still came out really white despite the skin still on.

(Ernest) #1929

Beef kidneys.

Peanut Butter Peanut Butter Fudge Chunk Ice Cream Sandwich. Yes I like PB.

Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies

@Ernest…that is amazing!!!

(Ernest) #1932

Much appreciated @Fiorella

I made “Cooking Keto with Kristie” Pimento and Cheese.

I was missing W. Sauce and pimentos. But OMG it’s amaze-balls! In the video it says 4-5 tablespoons of bacon pieces and in the book she says 5 pieces of bacon. I used more, because, bacon.

While the p n’ c was sitting for the hour you’re supposed to leave it alone (yeah right!) I made Carlshead pizza dough in small “bun” size circles, just adding salt and pepper. I managed to make 16 pieces out of the dough, which meant I could eat 2 mini sandwiches! These are perfect size for a small hamburger, just a bit larger than a “slider.” Going to be making more of these this weekend and putting in the freezer.

In her book, she said it yields 6 servings. I got 8 very decent servings. I used 1 serving tonight on 4 mini pieces of “bread.”

(Sophie) #1934

That looks really good! Love me some 'mento cheese. I really like her vidoes too. She’s so southern. lol

(Jeremy Storie) #1935

Bacon cheddar burger with an egg and homemade baconaise. The baconaise didn’t get as thick as I would have liked and pretty much melted as soon as it hit the burger but it was still amazing! :grin:

OMG - recipe please

(Shawn Cochran) #1937

Cheese stuffed into a hot dog stuffed into a jalapeno wrapped in bacon. Should have used more bacon.

(Lauren) #1938

I’ve had these tenderloins in the freezer for a while, and I finally figured out I how I wanted to fatten them up.

Inject it with garlic butter! Half a stick of butter went in to these babies.

Then a little of my super-secret rub. Not even my fiance @1911guy knows the secret.

I can’t wait until he gets home so we can cook these babies.

Oh wow…that’s like an engineering project. Cross braces, center struts, outer coiling.

(Ernest) #1940

Grill time!!

PB cookies. I added 1/2 t baking soda in addition, no idea if it needed it or not.
The ice cream recipe was a favorite of mine in pre-keto days that I tried to ketoify. Not that skilled in the kitchen to ketoify it, but for fudge, I did: 1/4c softened butter, 2 tbsp sugar free syrup, 2 tbsp peanut butter, 2 tbsp cacao powder, 1/4 tsp vanilla, pinch salt in processor, then flatten in bread pan to freeze (around 45min to 1 hr), then cut in bite sized chunks, but keep in freezer until added to ice cream maker.
Ice cream base: 2 beaten eggs, whisk in 1/2 cup erythritol, 1c heavy cream, 1c unsweetened almond milk, and heaping 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter. Also whisked in 1/4 tsp xanthan gum for texture and tbsp vegetable glycerin to reduce freezing impact.
Add ice cream base to ice cream maker, churn for ~20 min, add bite sized fudge chunks (I added most but not all of the fudge, there’s a lot of it - I halved the original recipe which is plenty for this 2 cup milk-based ice cream - for the original 3 cup milk-based ice cream, I used about 2/3 of the fudge. ) for last couple minutes of churning. Can serve immediately or put in freezer for a bit.
Recommend a hefty portion of ice cream to go between those PB cookies. :smile: I calculated ~5 net carbs for an entire sandwich depending on size of it. The ice cream Is almost as yummy as non keto version, and with far far fewer carbs. So much honey and maple syrup in the original recipe.

thanks. Sounds great.

(Lauren) #1943

So good.