What did you Keto today?

(Ernest) #1601

@KetoCowboy I’m going to subscribe to your channel. I’m a keto OMAD Monday through Friday.

(Ernest) #1602

OMAD, lunch. Beef tongue quesadillas.
Those are almond flour tortillas made by a small business in Austin, Texas. Not an everyday item but great as a treat. Net carbs for 2 tortillas is 12 grams.

(KetoCowboy) #1603

Thanks @Ernest. I hope you find it useful. And please forgive me for having virtually no video editing skills.

(Michelle) #1604

Does this small place in Austin ship those tortillas?

(Ernest) #1605

@KetoCowboy raw videos are much better!!

(Ernest) #1606

They are being stocked in most stores in Texas. @MKChitown

(Dustin Cade) #1607

@Ernest how do these stack up to the low carb Mission brand? i think they are 4 to 6 net carbs per Tortilla depending on size…

@KetoCowboy I have Subscribed to your YouTube channel!

(Ros R) #1608

I see you Austinite! :smile: Siete tortillas FTW!

(Ernest) #1609

@Bahrutile I haven’t tried the mission ones. These are very very good. Come out crackling crisp.

(Dustin Cade) #1610

I’ve bought the mission low carb for my boys, i had a small piece of one to taste it, though I’ve not used them… .

(KetoCowboy) #1611

Nice photo. I live in Austin. My sister-in-law knows the family that makes these.

(KetoCowboy) #1612

TY @Bahrutile. Let me know if there’s a specific recipe you would like to see me try.

(KetoCowboy) #1613

As a fellow Austinite who is still relatively new to keto (15 weeks in), I suspect I have much to learn from folks like you. Very cool pic.

(James storie) #1614

I think the siesta brand uses tapioca flour wich is acceptable in paleo. These were developed for this reason. The tapioca flour is a bit carby, but it’s probably less inflammatory than wheat.

(matt ) #1615

I know we are all in this for different reasons. I (had) diabetes and high BG so I would rather eat a 6 gram Mission wrap with some grain in it then take a big carb hit.

17 grams seems like a lot for almond. I know tapioca is really carby (26grams per quarter cup).

Granted I have had 2 or 3 wraps in the last year so none of them would do me in at that amount.

(Sheri Knauer) #1616

I can’t think of any tips because she outlines the steps so well in the cookbooks and the steps are pretty easy to begin with. The only thing I would say (which would go for making any recipe) is to have everything pre-measured and ready to go. And if you do make toasted, buttered almonds, make sure you keep an eye on them when they are in the oven and try not to eat the entire batch of almonds once they’ve cooled down a bit because they are really good in the ice cream and I bet would taste good in just about any flavor ice cream you make

(Peter Bursky) #1617

Home made chicken wings, inspired by this recipe:

Let the cool for 2 minutes after taking out of oven, in the meantime melted about 50g of butter, and when just melter, poured in half a small bottle of nando’s mild piri-piri sauce

Blue cheese sauce made out of about 150g Bleu d’Avergne, 100g sour cream, 100g mayonaise and about 50ml double cream…

For first attempt not too bad, wife approved … :grin:

(Roxanne) #1618

In the recipe it mentions aluminum-free baking powder - I’m going to have to look for this, as I’ve tried baking powder wings before and thought they were disgusting because of the residual taste of the baking powder!

(Peter Bursky) #1619

Hmmmmm, i did check the baking powder, it didn’t say alluminium free, or that it contains it, so hard to say. It also contains starch, by i imagine with the amount i used, it could hardly be more than 2-3 grams tops.

Either way, there was no aftertaste, and they were delicious! :yum:

Only Kerrygold today. I’d take a picture, but it’s butter. You know, golden yellow brick of awesome.