What did you Keto today?

(Jessica ) #1056

grilled cheese sandwich on some 90 second bread. It was simply amazing. I needed some comfort food and got it for only a couple carbs!

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #1057

Steak, bell peppers, onions, habenero jack cheese, and runny eggs :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #1058

My eggs today because I donā€™t care for the habenero cheeseā€¦ steak, green onions, mozz, eggs

(Alex Dipego) #1059

Iā€™m in Italy and just had fresh Mozzā€¦ Iā€™m now very sad because the delicious decadence of this cheese will only be a memory when I go back homeā€¦ My god itā€™s beautiful.

(Rich Hopkins) #1060

Yesterday I smoked a slab of baby back ribs, and slathered them with homemade BBQ sauce! Yummo!

(Cathy) #1061

I am jealous ~ I love Italy!!! Enjoy. When you get home, learn how to make your own mozzarella! It looks pretty easy and it is on my list of things to make.

Or, get to know your local small batch artisanal cheesemaker. You can get the freshest cheese from them, too. Even curds that are only minutes or hours old.

(Patrick B.) #1063

So boringā€¦

Sockeye Salmon with rosemary, garlic, butterā€¦ Roasted radishes with a brown butter sauce.

I thought aged cheese was what you wanted?

Looks delish!

Both are good. Aged cheese, and day-fresh curds.

and so unattractive - Iā€™m on my way!

(Jennifer) #1068

I think I just ate a pound of baconā€¦ Fast starts tonight!!!

(G. Andrew Duthie) #1069

Had a taste of my first batch of homemade Instant Pot yougurt:

Itā€™s straining at the moment, to remove more of the carbs and whey (protein), but I had to try a few spoonsful to make sure it came out OK. Quite delish!

This post links to a good article on making lower-carb yogurt, and some users have shared tips on making yogurt in the IP.

My main tips after my first try are:

1. Donā€™t wait. If you have milk, an Instant Pot, and some reasonably fresh plain yogurt, you can get started.
  2. Start smaller than I did. A quart of milk is probably more than enough to start with. I did a gallon, and Iā€™m not sure whether my family of four will be able to eat it all quickly enough. :smiley:

You can make chicken tandoori (where yogurt mixture is used to marinate chicken over night)ā€¦in case you want to get rid of extra yogurt.

(Candace) #1071

Nothing fancy, just a chicken salad

Today I started to IF. I plan to do 20/4s because of my work schedule. I wasnā€™t really thinking when I planned to start this on a day off! lol

I wasnā€™t hungry until I started meal prepping for the week (about an hour before my ā€œwindowā€). Now that Iā€™m eating it, Iā€™m not sure I can finish it. But Iā€™m sure going to try!

Ooopsā€¦ Itā€™s pork steak (sous vide for 24 hrs), 2 scrambled eggs, and 3 pieces of bacon. But Iā€™m sure I ate at least 3 slices of bacon while I waited. :smile:

(KetoMarine) #1074

(Andrew Anderson) #1075

Orlando airport= triple bunless Whooper with cheese!