What did you Keto today?

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #1036

Asian shredded pork lettuce wraps

Worth seeing and liking twice :wink:

(Candace) #1038

Breakfast (this is my husband’s plate, I can’t eat that much)

(bulkbiker) #1039

There are some great places but a lot of the old family run restaurants have succumbed to pre prepared food from mass producers… we used to live in the French equivalent of the boonies and most restaurants were dreadful… we had to go into Bordeaux our nearest city for anything decent. Ingredients are great and fresher than the UK, although lots are from Spain… More variety in the UK I would say.

Thankfully a couple of restos have upped their game locally but, until then, the best places to eat were owned and run by Brits! and that was general consensus by French and non alike.

Most of the local restos have had the same menu for decades.

(Peter Bursky) #1041

Today was an unusuall day, was a bit anxios about an exam i was doing. Fortunetly i passed, so decided to treat myself. First i thought i might go wild, and have paella from my favourite place, which i didn’t have a very long time. But than i thought let’s see if we can find something more keto friendly :grin:

And sure i did. Asked to leave out the fries, and requested extra coleslaw. I suppose it wasn’t all strick keto and surely could leave out the onion rings too, but hey, it’s a special day!! :sunglasses:

Anyhow, they call it a taste plate, there’s some brisket, pulled pork, beef rib, bbq chicken and sausage. All very tasty!

That looks yummy. Huge congrats on your exam. x

(No I'm not mad - that's just my face) #1043

Ketofied lasagna bowl. Don’t need no stinking noodles.

Genuinely you get to the point don;t you where you think - what’s the point? Why waste tummy space?

(Mike W.) #1045

Fantastic pic, Becky!

(Mike W.) #1046

What is the base? Mind sharing the recipe?

(Jennifer) #1047

Made the chicken cordon bleu casserole and it was a big hit. I must say that it is kinda like crack, even before it went in the oven. Actually, I could have just sat and eaten it from the mixing bowl…

The only thing I changed was adding a bit extra parmesan, 1/4 teaspoon of dry mustard and didn’t add the broth.

(Sierra) #1048

Today I had a steak salad for dinner. It consisted of, organic spring mix, a teeny bit of super thinly sliced red onion, a few chopped olives, a small avocado, hemp hearts, cucumber, alfalfa sprouts and steak. I also had 2 pieces of bacon and 1oz sharp white cheddar on the side. It was a long day and my fiance and I were both starving and this totally hit the spot.

(Jessica ) #1049

Not really a recipe. I used cauliflower rice, canned crab, sliced cucumbers, avocados and sriracha mayo.

(Mike W.) #1050

Ah, riced cauliflower. Thank you

(Candace) #1051

Yum! Congratulations on passing your exam!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #1052

Did you put this in Recipes recipes recipes???
https://www.ketogenicforums.com/c/food/recipes-recipes-recipes

Egg muffins with broccoli, cheese and ham :yum::fried_egg:

(Patrick B.) #1054

Simple breakfast… Was a bit hungry so I ate…

120g beef chuck, cheese, bacon.

@devhammer
See link for recipe - I rarely make anything exactly to the recipe, especially meatloaves, though for these I didn’t alter any ingredients. I started them in the muffin pans, but put them in a different pan half way through cooking to make sure the bacon crisped up before they were done, as it was looking soggy. I always make extra as they are great for leftovers.
http://realsimplegood.com/mini-bacon-wrapped-meatloaf