What did you Keto today?

(G. Andrew Duthie) #996

You mean Greek yoghurt with extra fat added already? Sounds yummy.

Perhaps if the “fat == evil” thing ever dies down here in the States, U.S. dairy producers might get more creative with higher-fat options. Would love to be able to get double cream here.

It is yoghurt plus cream. I don;t think necessarily Greek and it was always flavoured (aka sugar) so don;t have it anymore but I used to love it.

I recently learned to make my own very high fat yogurt (actually technically creme fraiche). Just add a couple spoons of sour cream or creme fraiche (the starter) to HWC (in a glass jar). Cover with towel. Store in cupboard for two days at room temperature. You get this beautiful, luscious, creamy, fatty, yogurty, heavenly product. You can then use the freshly made batch as a starter for the next batch.

(eat more) #999

bpc with coconut milk
pre gym: almond butter
post gym: pressure cooker balsamic pot roast and avocado
rest of the day…??? (usually far far less hungry on gym days)

14 oz Ribeye, medium-rare with a small Spring Mix Lettuce salad.

Whaaaaaaaaat!!! No double cream??? Deepest condolences.

(Megan) #1002

I want to try this in my instant pot. Can you use any type of Greek yogurt for a starter?

I just made roasted peppers with the same cheese on - so yummy

(G. Andrew Duthie) #1004

Not sure. I was planning on following some of the suggestions on this thread:

The linked article does suggest using starter culture, but I think you can also use regular old yogurt, though I think it should have live cultures to work.

(Michelle) #1005

Just some chicken/cheese fathead pizza. Ate half. Couldn’t help myself.

List of best inventions ever:
Air conditioning
Microwave
DVR
Fathead Pizza!!! :pizza:

Bacon wrapped mini meatloaves

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #1007

[quote=“ketograndma, post:1006, topic:3210”]
Bacon wrapped mini meatloaves
[/quote] delicious idea! :blue_heart::green_heart::yellow_heart::purple_heart:

(Jessica ) #1008

Fathead meat lovers calzone. I might love pizza too much, but at least this pizza is healthy! :grimacing:

(G. Andrew Duthie) #1009

Recipe? Please?

Salad with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, soy beans, avocado, and feta cheese :cucumber::avocado::tomato::green_salad: Sesame seeds and a dressing of walnut oil and apple cider vinegar.

(Jessica) #1011

Pork “Schnitzel” with Parmesan/Almond breading. Yes, there was also a salad aside :grin:.

Fasting today, so I had a drink.

That sounds impressive. What is it like?

Roasted radishes, peppers and fried goat’s cheese.

Bai Molokai Coconut is sweetened with erythritol and has a slight coconut flavor and has about as much caffeine as green tea, so it’s great for a little burst of energy.