What did you Keto today?

(Adam L) #776

What a great idea, must try that.

(Morgan Rose) #777

Chicken/Onions/Peppers/Cheese - cooked in buttttah :heart_eyes:

(Peter Bursky) #778

Roast pork belly ā€¦

I usually buy it whole at local butcherā€™s, the bony end, cut to thick pieces, mix olive oil with crushed garlic, salt an pepper. Rub the meat, put in to bawl, and leave it in fridge for a few hours. Put it in oven at 180 celsius degress, takes about an hour to be done. I occasionaly turn them around and collect the juices to a jar

(eat more) #779

dinner:
scallops, yellow squash and buttttah!!!

oh and a slice of oven bacon while cooking :joy:

iā€™m so fancy!

So pretty too x

I actually had this a while back but only just lifted the pic off the camera!

Watercress soup with a nice knob of butter and a prawn and radicchio salad with a marie rose dressing.

(Jacquie) #782

I made Chicken with Satay Sauce and broccoli. Hereā€™s the recipe. Personally, Iā€™m not wild about peanuts and peanut butter in savoury food.

(chris) #783

Pork chops no bone fried up with garlic salt, cooked separately then removed. half a package of bacon chopped cooked for a bit then added half an onion chopped. after that is well cooked I just add a can of green beans. I put the chops back in to heat them up a bit and to take the picture.

the original recipe for the bacon/onions/green beans called to sprinkle sugar over the top which I do admit was real good but it tastes just as good without it.

I have really enjoyed this thread! My breakfast for the last two mornings has been a 2 egg omelette with bacon and cheese. I mainly tried them this thin because I want to make a thin egg wrap so I can use them to make sausage ā€œburritos.ā€

(Patrick B.) #785

Iā€™ve really been on a quesadilla kick latelyā€¦ low-carb tortilla, Mexican-blend cheese, cholula sauce, and chicken strips in this one.

(Peter Bursky) #786

Breakfast/brunch - tuna salad in baby lettuce leavesā€¦

I just mix a can of tuna, including some of the oil, chop a quarter of a red onion, one celery stalk, a few black olives. Mix in a bit of cream cheese (philadelphia) and mayonaise (ready made :pensive: ) Bit of fresh ground black pepper and pinch of salt, mix well, and watch it disappear :grin:

Dinner was egg-bacon-onion-cheese-burger, with a side of red cabbage and avocado

ā€¦ not much to add!

(Patrick B.) #787

That is probably my favorite way to eat a cheeseburgerā€¦ Although your egg doesnā€™t look yolkyā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

(Tom) #788

Coffee with home made Keto Sweetened Condensed Milk

(Jacquie) #789

Iā€™ve never been drawn to use sweetened condensed milk but if I was, Iā€™d definitely use your recipe. Thanks for posting it. :slight_smile:

(Tom) #790

I never was either, but now Iā€™m just looking for excuses to use it. :smile:

(Rich Hopkins) #791

Iā€™ve been keto for a month and five days, and today was the first time I ate something that I knew had sugar in it. We had a dinner after church, and I pigged out on the nice, fatty ham, and someone made some kind of cabbage casserole with lots of cheese and ground beefā€¦ YUMMO!

But afterward, when it was time for dessert, I skipped over the keto cheesecake that I made, and saw the bowl of strawberries, whipped cream, and pound cake, all made into some kind of dessert casserole. YUMMO!

I had a helping of that. Yeah, I knowā€¦ But I knew before taking the first bite that when the plate was clean, Iā€™d be back on Keto, and Iā€™d be no worse for it. Best of all, Iā€™m sitting here NOT craving more of it. Back to Keto for me!

(Patrick B.) #792

Thanks to @Becky for the recipeā€¦
Balsamic Roast Beef.

8 ounce chuck eye steak tenderized via salt method cooked in cast iron skillet until mediumā€¦ I really want to get the sous vide thing nowā€¦ Also, I donā€™t normally spend money on steak because I feel itā€™s too expensive. But Iā€™m realizing that I actually spend way less at the grocery store now. Plus I deserve it!

(Jacquie) #794

Goulash with Butter Fried cabbage. I donā€™t take photos of my food, so instead I include the recipe. :slight_smile: Lots of veggies which reminds me of Whole30 meals.

(AnnaLeeThal) #795

A charcuterie for the Keto party I had tonight.