What did you Keto today?

(Becky Searls) #715

Mmmmm thank you! Have you seen this keto connect chicken crust? One carb I think and looks easy / amazing?!

Chicken Pizza Crust Options
(Rich Hopkins) #716

Three family sized packages of wings. Two of us in the house. Yeah, there’s still some left. :wink:

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #717

Oh this looks interesting with the canned chicken :blush:. I had not seen this yet, I will try this one too. Thank you!

(AnnaLeeThal) #718

Pork chops stuffed with goat cheese and wrapped in prosciutto

(A ham loving ham! - VA6KD) #719

Ready made Keto Snacks!

(Jessica ) #720

This WoE is SO boring! :joy:

That looks and sounds amazing.

(Toni Peter) #721

Thin sliced zucchini, pancetta and red onion fried in butter with some oregano, worchestershire and pepper. Two over easy eggs with Frank’s red hot and some cheddar.

So delicious and so full!!

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #722

Hemp Heart Rissoto, garlic mushrooms, and steak.

Hey…what a great idea to use hemp heart for risotto! Nice! I’m going to try that, too. Thanks for the idea!!

(eat more) #724

me three :blush:

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #725

Egg sandwich with guacamole, cheddar cheese, and Canadian bacon; messy and plate licking delicious

Delish FB video how-to for this bunless egg sandwich

(Peter Bursky) #726

Not really a full meal, but we ate it today :wink:
Made the cheesecake mentioned on the 2ketodudes… not the simplest receipe, and i should have read the comments first :flushed: might have been a bit easier, and the crust wouldn’t get wet :grimacing:

Anyhow, came out pretty well, and it didn’t taste bad at all!! :grin:

(eat more) #727

that looks professional! good job

(Jacquie) #728

Some locally raised, tender beef liver sauteed in butter until pink, caramelized onions and dry cured bacon. It was delish. :slight_smile:

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #729

[quote=“Jacquie, post:728, topic:3210”]
dry cured bacon
[/quote] sounds yummy, did you make this or buy it? I haven’t seen dry cured bacon, or if I have I didn’t know what I was looking at.

(Jacquie) #730

I bought it. It’s made locally in our rural farming community.

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #731

Leftovers: roasted cauliflower with melted cheddar soaking up au jus & cream with leftover ribeye and mushrooms. The cauliflower soaked in au jus & cream was fantastic!

(Mike W.) #732

Pork rind pulled pork nachos.

(Rich Hopkins) #733

Looks and sounds great, but no, no, no, no, no… Never cook a cheesecake at 350F.

Cheesecake is my spe-cee-al-i-tee. One of my cheesecakes once brought $235 in a church cake auction in which no other cake beat the $50 mark. It’s that good.

Credit where credit is due - I get my inspiration from Alton Brown on the cheesecake. First off, I don’t use a springform pan - I use a parchment-lined 12" aluminum cake pan. The smaller springform pan (I think most are around 10") will make a thicker cheesecake that will take longer to bake, but I think should work well otherwise.

Second, preheat the oven to 250F, and bake the cheesecake in a water bath for 90 minutes (I use a 14" cake pan for the water bath, and put a towel under the pan with the cake in it, in the water), then turn the oven off, and leave the cake in there for another 90 minutes. I think a bit longer for the thicker cheesecake you’d get with a 10" pan - maybe an extra 15-20 minutes at each setting. Don’t open the door.

Why? Because cheesecake is not a cake at all. It is a custard. Cooking it too fast will cause it to rise up, and then fall, and turn brown on top (though some like this). Cooking it slow and easy will give you a much creamier cheesecake.

Give this a try and see what you think! :wink:

(Jessica ) #734

Pork chops dipped in eggs and HWC, then dipped in crushed pork rinds with a mix of seasonings. Then fried in some bacon grease. With a side of roasted brussle sprouts.

Side note: brussle sprouts roasted in olive oil and garlic salt always taste like popcorn. Am I the only one that feels this way?