What did you Keto today?

(Michelle) #614

I am an epic fail at lettuce cups… what is best lettuce to use for this?

(Robert Laflamme) #615

from their website http://www.ghughessugarfree.com

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #616

@softail925 it’s pretty good, easily spiced up if you like it hot :blush:. The bottle technically says 1 carb per tbls, but 0 sugars. It’s sweetened with sucralose so the listed carbs are mostly sugar alcohol. However, the main ingredient is tomates, with corn starch not far down the list so if you use a lot of sauce the carbs other than sugar alcohol will add up :sunglasses:.

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #617

@softail925, that’s exactly what I was doing; I was near my protein need and hungryyyyyyyy so it was an easy fat bomb in an edible bowl :blush:

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #618

I prefer Boston or Butter lettuce, but I tend to use Iceberg because I usually have it sitting around. Here’s 2 helpful videos
http://dish.allrecipes.com/cut-lettuce-lettuce-wraps/

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #619

For this weekend. Started the simmer. :floyd:

(Megan) #620

I used this recipe but only added two packets of stevia and I used the silicone mold which was so easy!

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #621

I made a batch of bone broth with the feet and it smelled horrible, literally smelled like crap or a rendering plant.@Brenda does yours smell delish and perhaps I had a bad batch of “chicken paws”?

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #622

YES!!! I’ve made all types of bone broth. Chicken feet is number one on flavor!!! And gel!!!
BTW, I add nothing but water to cover and a tablespoon red wine vinegar to help leach the minerals from the bones. I add zero seasoning or vegetables. Only salt when I eat the broth.

My house smells like chicken soup :slight_smile:

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #623

Good to hear! My bone broths had always smelled lovely except for my last with the addition of chicken feet and I haven’t made any in 6-weeks because it was hideous. I may be able to stomach making broth again soon, perhaps I will try the feet again down the road. I don’t add any flavorings either other than ACV so it may be used for many dishes. Did you pre-roast the feet and/or remove the claws?

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #624

Nope.
:meat_on_bone: :rooster:

(Tami Pratt) #625

3 slices bacon and 2 eggs fried in bacon grease. 1/4 avocado on the side, drizzled with olive oil.

(Jonathan Bowers) #626

Korean short ribs with braised cabbage

(Peter Bursky) #627

Made Carl’s mini chicken meatballs recipe for diner. Only used minced turkey instead of chicken, and piri-piri sauce instead of hot sauce. Served on zuchini spaghetti and garnished with baby tomatoes … Loved the the bit of heat in the sauce and the tangy taste of blue cheese in it :yum:

I like Little Gem just because it is a nice size. Batavia is good for bigger wraps. Chicory/Endive is also good if you like a slightly more bitter flavour.

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #629

I haven’t tried Little Gem, I will next time at the grocery that carries it :blush: I think I’ve seen Batavia at Farmers Markets, is it bitter or mild?

Batavia? Just normal really - usually has a nice flavour and crisp texture. Less so than iceberg but more so that an oak leaf type for example. It holds up well as a wrap and has nice handy shape and sized leaves.

(Ashley Haddock) #631

What type of pasta did you use?

(Ashley Haddock) #632

I made this yesterday. I really wanted pizza but had no sauce and was missing ingredients to make homemade alfredo so I drizzled with olive oil and added mushrooms, ham and some fresh tomato that I first sautéed in olive oil with garlic, onion powder, basil, salt and pepper . Put all that on carlshead crust (leaving out the egg makes it so much easier to work with for me so thank you for that @carl ) that I had seasoned with herbs and seasonings. I think it’s the best pizza I’ve made yet!

(Kathy L) #633

Went to McDs today to meet a few friends for coffee. While they had egg McMuffins - or a cinnamon roll - I had 6 slices of bacon and coffee. Should have seen the looks!! Haha!!