What did you Keto today?

(Carolyn Finch) #337

Yep, precisely. Sprinkle on parchment (or even just use sliced cheese) and microwave/bake until it starts to get dried out around the edges. If you want to make it into taco shells you really have to catch it at just the right time - trial and error - but it you’re doing chips/crackers you can let them brown like in the photo. Yum.

There are lots of “recipes” and methods online, just search “keto cheese chips”.

Sausage to be…

(Becky Searls) #339

Thank you so much!!! Does this work with any cheese @softail925??

(softail925) #340

I would say any hard cheese, yes. Enjoy!

(Guardian of the bacon) #341

I find dif cheeses require dif cooking times.

split this topic #342

4 posts were split to a new topic: Fish Pudding - Norsk style

(Adam L) #343

That looks spectacular :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

I just looked at the picture to find out what you meant by yellow stuff. My guess is that is omelette with chopped chives? The fiskepudding slices are on left of the omelette squares.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #345

Todays challenge: find deeper meaning in your food fare. Lol. Have fun.

The artists submission represents most of society’s cognitive density coupled by the crunch of our fresh green time and the reddish purple spice of life. The white purity of the dressing to add to the innocence and the lack of sufficient rainbow in the mill that would otherwise flavor our world.
Displayed over depression era Heisey glass.

*I spent all day at The Walker Art Center Minneapolis which is modern art at its finest.
I make zero apologies for my prose.

Ok, @Brenda. I’m game.

Seven plump companions
Enjoying their day at the spa
Tanning their bodies
And lounging in the hot tub
Albeit clueless that the end is nigh

Sorry…no where near to the quality of your submission…but, I gave it a shot

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #347

I LOVE THIS!!!

(Dave) #349

I had a lamb, broccoli, bean stir fry with miracle noodles and some crushed almonds on top
Also tried a butter and soy sauce combo (also chilli) which is a thing now apparently.

@Henna
Do you have the recipe for that? I’d like to know the proportions of fish to cream to eggs. I loved it when I had it in Norway.

@Henna,
Thank you. I’m very grateful for this. I’m a fan of old recipes, and classical cooking techniques.

Thank you Adam. If loving food is wrong, I don’t want to be right :yum:

Thank goodness for Google translate :slight_smile: It has helped me translate so many things

(G. Andrew Duthie) #357

Shoulda taken a picture, but made some home-seasoned breakfast sausage with some fresh ground pork I picked up yesterday. Wanted to do sage, but to my dismay, we had none, so I used poultry seasoning instead (1tsp for a pound of pork) along with salt and pepper.

One of the irritations I have with most pre-made sausages is the added sugar that most contain. With fresh pork and my spices, no sugar, and only what I want in it.

And it tasted quite good. Still want to try just sage, salt & pepper, tho. :slight_smile:

split this topic #358

A post was split to a new topic: Meaty Stir Fry

I do the same with pork but usually only use it for scotch eggs.

(chris.coote) #360

I’ve just been pleasantly surprised at how all the major chains here support cutting out carbs. I get great reception, a bowl and a fork and knife, and even some cases of “did you want to also cut sauce x too, which has more sugar than you’d think,” and “do you want extra mayo on the side with this?” :blush: