What did you Keto today?

(Jacquie) #1637

Locally made chorizo sausage (pure pork, no gluten, sugar or fillers and very spicy) with Japanese eggplant thinly sliced and sauteed in EVOO. Ended with a very thin slice of this ‘bread’ with salted butter. I substituted pecans for walnuts. I made the bread for hubby but wanted to try it. The butter makes it work for me!:yum:
http://www.ehow.com/how_12343770_easy-make-bread-recipe-healthy-nuts-seeds.html

(Ernest) #1638

@KetoCowboy HAHAHA! I kind of agree with you on Stephanie!

(Sheri Knauer) #1639

Salmon cooked in the sous vide, spinach, feta , calamata olives, and warm ghee

(KetoCowboy) #1640

I hope that’s a reference to my “She talks out of both of 'em” line. She def has her plusses and minuses, but she’s the one who taught me that I can always get my fat up by having a sliver of grass-fed butter with every bite of a meal.

(Lynn Zorn) #1641

what is the waffle made of??

(Dustin Cade) #1642

(paul ) #1643

OH MY!!! winner winner Keto DINNER!!!

(Ernest) #1644

She definitely knows her stuff but she’s just not flexible in her approach. I don’t think her way is sustainable for us commoners.
Have you watched some of Primal Health channel videos? Quite the opposite of her. And he interviewed her once…

(KetoCowboy) #1645

Yup, I watch Primal Health sometimes. I like a lot of what Tristan says, but I’m always suspicious of muscular 30-somethings who run around with their shirts off (Primal, GoodyBeats, Jason Wittrock, Kinobody, etc.) because I don’t think they can relate to my 48-year-old metabolism. Stephanie is obnoxiously dedicated to the premise that there’s “only one way to do keto,” but at least she’s my age.

I relate much more easily to people for whom the struggle is obviously real–people like @christina_cork. I only found out about the 2 Keto Dudes podcast and these forums because of her YouTube channel, The video she put out today is (I think) likely to be way more useful to way more people than most of what we see from high-profile YouTubers.

(Ernest) #1646

I bet you’re wondering where the rest of the fat is.
Well the ribs were rubbed with butter. The salad is coated with homemade “Ceasar mayo” (thick Ceasar salad dressing made in mayo style with macadamia nut oil)

(What The Fast?!) #1647

Broke my 61 hour fast at LazyDog (if you don’t have this restaurant near you, it’s a restaurant that has a super dog friendly patio and they have a menu for dogs too). We frequent it because the food is all house made and our pup is a big fan. :slight_smile:

Wings (not pictured)
Burger with Guacamole, hatch chiles, cheese, and aioli.
Wedge salad
…it’s a rough life guys.

Forgot to get a pic of his food…

(Andrew Anderson) #1648

Boring old pork rind nachos!

(Ernest) #1649

Simplicity! Spinach and mushrooms omelette
Mushrooms sauteed in bacon fat
Spinach wilted in bacon fat
Egg cooked in…no, not bacon fat, homemade ghee

We’ve been eating this one too! My hubs likes it a lot!!

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #1651

Cheesecake Factory win, delicious bacon, bacon, avocado, and fontina omelette drowning in butter

(Scott Telfer) #1652

Keto leek and mushroom carbonnara with lashings of Parmesan :slight_smile: so filling on a winter afternoon

(bulkbiker) #1653

mmm that looks great…

(Jared) #1654

Technically yesterday. We don’t need no stinkin’ sides! Delmonico in a sous vide for 2 hours, then finished in the cast iron w/ bacon grease, and the “splurge” of a glass of Zin (I did let it rest properly, I just poured the juices from the vacuum bag over it before serving).

(Mary Ann) #1655

First my cart:

I’m kinda proud:

And bacon, eggs, avocado. Of course.

(Arlene) #1656

Where’s the guac and sour cream? Gotta have plenty of guac and sour cream!