What did you Keto today?

(Tim Oboyle) #145

I would have to pull it out of the trash… I believe it was per 1/3 cup of peas

(Roxanne) #146

First sous vide attempt - grass fed beef round roast, almost too tender, with wasabi mayo and green beans with garlic and butter

(I like to post memes!) #147

Must. Have. This. @roxanne

(Mike W.) #148

Romaine hearts, ground turkey (leftover), bacon, egg, avocado, and chipotle ranch.

(suzanna) #149

No photo.sorry. I had my unicorn fuel bpc for breakfast and for lunch I made Carl’s pizza dough with browned Italian ground sausage (no added corn syrup yay!!) and dubliner cheddar. Hubby is in heaven. It was superb! We had pork rinds and a glass of Chardonnay at dinner time. Have a little leftover pizza for a snack tomorrow.

(G. Andrew Duthie) #150

Dinner was chicken meatballs (they were from Costco, and convenient) with shredded Parmesan and home-made mayo, with pork cracklins on the side, followed by leftover taco meat with melted cheese, salsa, Alouette roasted pepper spreadable cheese, and some sour cream on top.

Tasty.

A bit later came dessert:

(Siobhan) #151

No picture, but I had a bacon and ham unwich with extra mayo and avocado spread from jimmy johns. Today was a lazy day lol.
For “dinner” I had some 0 carb cheese (I think Monterrey jack?).
I’ll be less lazy tomorrow, maybe…

I really prefer eating lunch as my one meal for the day, as opposed to dinner, but it’s inconvenient because most days I work 8-5 at an office. I could cook ahead but… I enjoy the process of cooking. Oh well.

(G. Andrew Duthie) #152

Jimmy John’s is a good option for keto when you’re out and about. And they don’t skimp on the meat!

(Siobhan) #153

Agreed. I only get lunch at work about once a month, but when I do it’s usually sashimi or JJ. Really satisfying, and not too pricey.

(Keto Troll) #154

(I like to post memes!) #155

Added some water, the stevia taste was a bit strong for me.

Beef loin roast with bearnaise. I seared and cooked in the sous vide at 132F for 16 hours, then baked at 450F for 20 minutes. Perfect medium rare and melt in you mouth tender. I’m doing zero carb this month so just meat.

(Jacquie) #157

I like my beef very rare but that’s a beautiful photo! :slight_smile: Great combo!

I’ve noticed the longer I go on the zero carb plan, the rarer I prefer my beef.

(Jacquie) #159

That’s interesting. Wonder why and if that’s common with other folks who are ZC? I’ve always loved beef and lamb pretty rare/raw. Pork, I like pink.

(G. Andrew Duthie) #160

Ginger spice? Interesting. Is that pre-sweetened? Does it taste more like cider vinegar, or is there a ginger ale/beer flavor to it?

Reminds me I should take some ACV.

(Adam L) #161

The photos of your meals are mouth watering :stuck_out_tongue:

(G. Andrew Duthie) #162

Just make sure that you know and trust your source for it if you eat it rare or raw. After recently going through food poisoning that I’m almost certain was from an undercooked steak at a restaurant, I will be much more reluctant to order less than medium when dining out.

(paddy0761) #163

Pigged-out today. Breakfast at 1:30pm was bacon, eggs, fermented veg, avocado and mushrooms in butter and coconut oil. Dinner was at 6:30 pm and was Fathead pizza; tomato puree, bacon, ham (that’s not bacon right?), salami, avocado, mushroom, capsicum, onion, sour cream, cheese, cheese, did I mention cheese?
I may have accidentally opened a bottle of red wine…that’s a vegetable, right?

(I like to post memes!) #164

@devhammer stevia-sweetened, still tastes like acv (which I don’t mind) with a nice hint of ginger.