What do you eat?

food

(Stanislav Jirák) #1

Hello,

I’m quite new to keto and still in the process of discovering and learning new recipes.
So, I wonder, what others do eat and how does your meal looks like.
Some of mine, I uploaded here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/153318873@N04/? but as I said, I’m not a great cook.
Please, photos welcomed!

(Ryan Tuttle) #2

I dont have any pics but ill say i was having similar trouble visualizing what my meals should look like.

Ill say usually what my basic go to meal is just a bed of greens with a piece of fatty meat on top. i buy prewashed arugela, mixed baby greens, or spinach. For meats it might be a chicken thigh with the skin on. I use the drippings as salad dressing a voila.

Instead of meat i might use eggs. Instead of leafy greens i might use mixed veg. Sometimes i season the meat sometimes i dont.

Occasionally ill do a piece of fatty meat with a few raw raddish and raw celery on the side. Maybe a piece of cheese. Or maybe an avocado.

Most of what i eat is very very simple. Ill try to get some pics.

(Doug) #3

Making two racks of baby back ribs right now. What I’m doing is seasoning them, broiling them for 5 minutes, then baking them for 2 hours+, and after one hour wrapping them in aluminum foil so they don’t dry out too much. I took a picture right before wrapping them in foil, but they still look a little too pink, not all that great yet.

(matt ) #4

Here. 2500 posts.

(Stanislav Jirák) #5

Com’on ketodieters, show what you cook and eat!

(Doug) #6

Didn’t really like this picture as they look too pink, not dark enough. I should have put something in to show the scale - they look small but were quite large (it’s an enormous baking pan and cooling rack). Broiled for 10 minutes (5 didn’t seem to be enough), baked for one hour at 300 ° F or 150 ° C - that is when the picture was taken - then put some sauce on them and enclosed them in an aluminum foil wrapping for another hour. Perfect ribs.

(Stanislav Jirák) #7

Delicious and simle!

(Stanislav Jirák) #8

…and my today’s dinner. Thought cooked just for the pleasure of discovering how to cook a good food. (lots of o’s)

(Cheryl Hall) #9

@Stanislav_Jirak

Are you joking! That food looks awesome – you can come over and not cook so well at my place if you like!
Some stuff I’ve made:
IMG_0556|666x500

(Stanislav Jirák) #10

Wow, a cake! I always wanted to learn how to do some. Cookies is where I get so far:

(Cheryl Hall) #11

@Stanislav_Jirak

It was a Cheesecake and it was really tasty. Everyone in the house liked it. I only had a couple of small slices before it was all gone. Looks like you can handle it - those cookies look so good!

(Allie) #12

This is the most recent thing I’ve cooked.

There is a small little thread that will give you some ideas here…

(Stanislav Jirák) #14

Wow, that looks great! Will you give me a recipe?
I do like frozen fruit in low-carb yogurth.

(Stanislav Jirák) #15

And here’s today’s iteration of meal balls. Forget about shredded parmesan, but getting better.

(Allie) #16

https://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/low-carb-death-by-chocolate-cheesecake/

This is the recipe :blush:

(Stanislav Jirák) #17

Thanks, will try!