Short Ribs, ONE ingredient

(betsy.rome) #21

I 'spose SOME of us are HOT enough not to need black pepper!

So many uses, you’ll never regret it!

(Jennifer) #23

I have both cast iron and cast iron enameled dutch ovens. For dishes like this, the enameled works REALLY well. They are easier to clean and you don’t have to worry about seasoning it.

Something like this -

Mine is a Martha Stewart one - works great.

(Jeremy Storie) #24

They were awesome!

(Brenda Zorn) #25

Wow. Noice!!

(Jeremy Storie) #26

I had three left over but I’m pretty sure you don’t know where I live so they are safe :joy:

(Brenda Zorn) #27

You’re lucky, cuz yeah. I’d steal those!

(Jane Reed) #28

I appreciate the “recipe”. I had never imagined ribs, it any other meat, could be cooked in a crock pot bare naked. But I’ve done it and it’s a great method.

(What The Fast?!) #29

@Brenda I don’t have a Dutch oven…I have an instant pot and a slow cooker…will either of those work?

(Bacon, Not Stirred) #30

I literally just laughed my ass off. @Brenda, you are freaking hilarious.

Oh… and they look amazeballs.

(Jeremy Storie) #31

I would think that a slow cooker would work. The key is low and slow.

(Brenda Zorn) #32

Yes. A,slow cooker works. The results are almost identical. More carmelization in the cast iron, but a crock pot (or instant pot) would cook the meat perfectly. I’ve done it.

(What The Fast?!) #33

Thanks!! I wonder how long in the instant pot and how much water. I never know how much water to put in, I always end up with soup!

(Brenda Zorn) #34

Ahhhh, I see you aren’t paying attention. Tsk Tsk tsk.

No water.

And I have done short ribs for as long as 7 hours on low in the crockpot.

(Jim Russell) #35

Instant pot says the minimum amount of liquid to generate enough steam is 1 cup. You can also use the Saute setting to get some carmelization.

(Brenda Zorn) #36

Yeah. IDK WTF the instant pot rules are.

Damn I hate fuckin’

(What The Fast?!) #37

If there’s ONE thing I know about you, it’s that. :slight_smile:

I use my Lodge enameled cast iron Dutch oven to cook these type dishes and it does a terrific job. I got one from Amazon years ago and it is my go to for oven use.

(Jan) #39

I made these short ribs today and they came out perfect! Purchased a Dutch oven by Calphalon just to make this recipe.

(Brenda Zorn) #40