Remarkable weight loss but unshakable Keto constipation issues

weightloss

:wink: Thanks.

(Chris Wolfgram) #42

If portion control had worked before, why would you need to be doing Keto now ?
Personally speaking, I hated being hungry all the time when I was addicted to carbs.
Keto is the easiest way I have ever eaten. But I know people are different. How different could be debated.

Best wishes whatever diet you choose :slightly_smiling_face:

@ksharkey What you and your doctor are trying with a ketogenic approach for a few months is a fair enough way to see how the way of eating may benefit you.

Many people who experience positive health benefits from eating in a way that creates nutritional ketosis may prefer and find that ketogenic eating suits them well. So they continue on with it and may develop a taste for chasing optimal health goals. The “How good can I actually feel” quest.

Others, with a flexible metabolism that is not too damaged, at different times in their nutrition and dieting experience will have an option to cycle in and out of ketosis. So, they can return to a more currently considered “normal” way of eating. But they take with them the knowledge gained having tried ketogenic eating.

Many people end up eating moderate or low carbohydrate diets that are not necessarily ketogenic, but are more nutritious and less insulin spike inducing than what they were eating before.

Some may return to beer, chips and donuts and witness a return of problems from which they were seeking relief or escape. No denying we are human. They can re-boot and cycle back through ketogenic eating to re-discover and re-learn health beneficial actions.

I hope you find what works for you.

(Karen Sharkey) #44

FrankoBear—I have not been a yo-yo dieter in the past; in fact, other than trying Medifast, this is my first drastic change in diet. I’m fortunate in that, and I have learned enough from trying Keto to know how I should eat now. No more donuts, or even sugar, for that matter, and healthier choices all around. You folks on the forum have offered me such great advice and encouragement. I love you all for your willingness to share your thoughts and experiences!

FrankoBear

July 23

Momof5:
What @BlueViolet means and she is totally right, if you go off Keto once you have lost the weight, you will just gain it all back. Keto is a lifestyle, not a diet, you have to keep with it for it to keep working.

@ksharkey What you and your doctor are trying with a ketogenic approach for a few months is a fair enough way to see how the way of eating may benefit you.

Many people who experience positive health benefits from eating in a way that creates nutritional ketosis may prefer and find that ketogenic eating suits them well. So they continue on with it and may develop a taste for chasing optimal health goals. The “How good can I actually feel” quest.

Others, with a flexible metabolism that is not too damaged, at different times in their nutrition and dieting experience will have an option to cycle in and out of ketosis. So, they can return to a more currently considered “normal” way of eating. But they take with them the knowledge gained having tried ketogenic eating.

Many people end up eating moderate or low carbohydrate diets that are not necessarily ketogenic, but are more nutritious and less insulin spike inducing than what they were eating before.

Some may return to beer, chips and donuts and witness a return of problems from which they were seeking relief or escape. No denying we are human. They can re-boot and cycle back through ketogenic eating to re-discover and re-learn health beneficial actions.

I hope you find what works for you.

(Joleena CLoudDancer Mogle) #45

I have been where you are. I now take a very small amount of “Phillips” every day! Any brand would work. I had to sort of scout around for what worked bet for me…greens weren’t doing it. Even though I;m having to rely on a med, I have sever diverticulitis and have had 18 inches of colon removed, and now have the disease on the right side, It’s absolutely imperative i don’t become constipated and this works for me