Recommended Apps?

(Charlotte) #1

Hi all! I’ve been using Myfitnesspal and Fitbit for apps to track my carbs, weight, bfp, recipes, water, progress, exercise, etc…

My fitbit app is great. I really love it. My biggest issue is with Myfitnesspal because it tracks the gross carbs, not net carbs and my life is just too busy to find the correct carb intake so I’ve just been working off my gross numbers and ignoring the net altogether so my usual 15g intake in all reality is actually <10g.

I know I can search for something, but you guys know what my needs are and can recommend any helpful apps no matter how obscure that can help me on my journey. They don’t have to be only for tracking. So if you have an app you love that has helped you in some way please share!
Thanks! :heart:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #2

My app is my brain! I sort of do lazy keto, I just keep a daily running carb count in my head and I think that I rarely run over. It’s a simple system for me that takes zero time looking at an app to figure out what I can eat. I eat a huge carb free (mostly) breakfast protein and fat based and less food later in the day usually. Lunch if I eat it and dinner have lots of low carb vegetables included and it’s that simple. I don’t bother with counting protein and fat data, I just eat if I’m hungry. I have lost about 15% of my body weight in 5 months this way. It’s a carefree lifestyle for me, no stress about food.

(Running from stupidity) #3

I use and recommend this one. One of the main reasons is that it has a tightly-controlled food database that will only be altered by the staff at the app dev company, not just any nuffie with a phone.

It’s also easy to add your own foods/recipes to, and if you subscribe, has awesome reporting functions.

(Charlotte) #4

I saw this mentioned a lot in the forums and was going to look at it. Thanks!

(Charlotte) #5

Do you include sugar alcohol in net carbs? I haven’t been.

(Running from stupidity) #6

I don’t, no. But I mostly use Erythritol, not Xylitol. Crono has an option to half-count them if you like, as well.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #7

I also like cronometer, but I’ve been experimenting with carb manager lately. I don’t use most of the report capabilities of cronometer. And I like that you can see both net and total carbs on carb manager. Not sure about the data base quality compared to cronometer.

Not strictly an app but works REALLY well as a mobile web view. I use Trendweight for tracking my weight every day (it pulls from Fitbit, which in turn pulls from integration with my Greater Goods WiFi scale).

https://trendweight.com/dashboard/

It keeps me sane as it does some nice smoothing and… well, helps you see the trend over a few different time periods.

I also use the Achievement app which consolidates all of my body and fitness data and is supposed to end up paying me for it. It’s taking about 173 years to earn $10 so far, though.

https://www.myachievement.com/

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #9

Happy Scale is a good app for this too. If you can get over having an app called Happy Scale.

I can get over the name, but not the requirement to have an iPhone! :slight_smile: Pixel FTW

(Michael Lynch) #11

Full disclosure: These are tools I created

• Is It Keto?: A searchable database of foods to tell you what’s keto and what isn’t.
  • KetoHub: A keto recipe search engine that lets you search by ingredient.

I’m very much open to feedback about how I can improve either of these tools.