Coconut pancakes

breakfast

(eat more) #141

pulsed the pork rinds in the ninja
beautiful right? (please excuse the missing bites :joy:)

edit: couldn’t even finish them…yay leftovers? lol

(Juha) #142

Thank you, a simple thank you :pancakes::pancakes:

(Sheri Knauer) #143

Firing up the old waffle iron to make waffles for dinner!!

And here is the finished product. They were awesome! even my 7 and 9 year old picky kids loved them!

I poured on some butter and then I used some Walden Farms sugar free , zero carb syrup. Yum!

I doubled the recipe so one is going in the freezer for another time.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #144

:zornface: :zornface: :zornface: :zornface: :zornface:
:zornface: :zornface: :zornface: :zornface: :zornface:

(Dustin Cade) #145

I love these as left overs… i just melt a bunch of butter in a frying pan, get the waffle all crispy like in the butter… put some over easy eggs on there and enjoy…

(chris) #146

are we going to call them ZORNcakes?

(Ritchie Linden) #147

Omfg this was my 2nd attempt, lessons learnt were to properly grind the pork rinds, in the nutribullet, not just break them up and to use gruyere double cream not cream fresh

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #148

Those look FABULOUS.

NOW I’M HUNGRY! Lol

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #149

Ok. Just not “ZORNwaffles”
Because reasons.

(chris) #150

I made a video of myself making them. https://youtu.be/hAHyW_Sbqzo

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #151

That’s a good video @tekgeek! Very nice. Glad you enjoy them. Me too. They have been a regular in my keto life for 3 years now.

(What The Fast?!) #152

I made these for the first time today, the batter was super thick so I ended up adding water after the first round was on the griddle. Adding water just before putting them on the pan made them thinner and felt more like real pancakes. I’m avoiding sweeteners so I just had them with just butter - I had a bite of my b/f’s (who had put on some SF syrup) and I’d say they’re definitey better sweet rather than savory, but I bet skipping the cinnamon and adding some cheese could change that.

Either way, this was a win - my b/f LOVES pancakes and while this wasn’t a home run for him, he said they’ll do as a replacement. :slight_smile: I’ll take it.

(Roxanne) #153

So far those are the only ones I’ve been able to find!

(Roxanne) #154

Today I forgot to add the oil and the waffles still turned out well. But I totally forgot to put the cheesecake spread on it like we talked about in another thread and I even had some in the fridge

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #155

I don’t think it’s needed. I may edit the recipe.

I made the pancakes this morning. They’re great and really filling.

I am going to have to combine this with Brenda’s deep fried chicken recipe and make chicken and waffles! I have missed them since going keto

(Dustin Cade) #158

I’m going to try the waffles​, with garlic and cheddar see how they turn out… Could put them in muffin tins and bake them too… Hmm I guess we’ll see…

(Jeremy Storie) #159

I added pumpkin to my waffles last time and they were too moist. I had trouble getting them out of the waffle iron. I ended up putting in a muffin pan and made pumpkin muffins :grin:

(Dustin Cade) #160

I’m way more creative with Keto than I ever was with normal food… with normal food I just made large quantities… I still do, though they go to left overs and not eaten in one sitting…

Made cheddar garlic waffles