Coconut pancakes

breakfast

(Jessica) #101

Not at all, just heat it up. The dough is fatty enough, it won’t stick.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #102

I am so glad you got to make them! This pork rind pancake/waffle thread is making me damn proud. Lol

(Dustin Cade) #103

i want to try and make garlic cheesy version of this… I’m always thinking about yummy things to make…

(Alex Dipego) #104

I’m trying to make them pretty… Any way to make them as waffle cones??? Just think of the dessert of lemon curd or chocolate mouse horn…

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #105

Mousse? Cuz mice may not taste too good. Hee hee

OMG I LOVE @kim lemon curd!!!

You’d have to have a waffle maker that made them thin to roll a waffle up for a cone. @LouiseReynolds has one further up on this thread that looks like it makes thinner waffles. Mine is a Belgian waffle maker. Very thick.

(Alex Dipego) #106

Haha! Whoops. Yea, I’ll be trying to thin it out.

Would you just use garlic powder? I love garlic, but I can’t imagine crushed garlic chunks in a waffle or pancake. I suppose if garlic powder were mixed in with the liquid, it would distribute throughout the mix evenly?

What about the cheese? Parmesan?

I’m planning to avoid any extra sweeteners in May and although these a great with only butter, I’m looking for ways to make anything savory in order to distract myself from missing out on sweet flavors. :slight_smile:

(Dustin Cade) #108

Not sure might try it both ways

A garlic-infused oil wouldn’t work for the pancake, but it would work very well in the waffle!

(eat more) #110

ooh home roasted and then crushed or diced would be amazing…but i love roasted garlic…

why oh why am i looking at this stuff while fasting? :joy:

(Jan) #111

Dudes…I give you: pork rind okonomiyaki. Holy crap! Freaky good!!!
Used dashi powder & a little shoyu, left out the sweet stuff. That’s full of bacon, tako (octopus), chopped cabbage, then covered in homemade duck egg & avo oil mayo, some chili garlic sauce on top.
If you’ve ever had Japanese okonomiyaki, you’ll love this!!!
My taste buds are having a party. A Keto party.

(Cheryl Meyers) #112

Oishiii-sooo! I have to try this. I really miss okonomiyaki…

(Louise ) #113

Yes, I was disappointed at what our department stores had in terms of waffle irons :frowning: this was did make a substantial size waffle, but in terms of temperature and price, a big ass iron was a little expensive this time round. If find I’m making loads of them, then I can upgrade…and put it in my new big ass appliance cupboard :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Jessica) #114

Why not just fry the waffle dough in a pan and roll it up…? Didn’t try, but maybe the extra fat from the waffle dough will still help them to get crispy-er than pancakes.

(Bacon for the Win) #115

I made these this morning when i came home for work. Quick, easy, and YUMMY!

(Sheri Knauer) #116

I think Im going to make these tomorrow morning! We have a restaurant grade waffle iron (that weighs about 50lbs) that has been collecting dust under the sink. Time to heave ho that baby out and fire it up!! I think to the batter I will add a few drops of my Toffee flavored Sweet drops since I don’t think I have any maple extract. Cant wait!!

(Sheri Knauer) #117

Oh, and I knew there was a reason I have had the urge to horde bags of pork rinds over the last few months. I have like 10 unopened bags scattered in various places around the house (out of the reach of my 4 dogs of course since I bag got stolen and scarfed down by them). I may make a double batch and freeze the extras for another day.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #118

Who added maple extract? Sounds like a good idea. Toffee flavored sweet drops sound good too. I have only tried vanilla or pumpkin pie flavored extract. Post a photo of your waffles if you can Sheri! :slight_smile:

(Sheri Knauer) #119

I thought I read somewhere that someone added maple extract. Perhaps it was to the butter they put on top. Either way, I don’t think you could go wrong!

(What The Fast?!) #120

Thoughts on making these without any sweetener or syrup topping? Savory, rather than sweet, pancakes?