Coconut pancakes

breakfast

(Karen) #322

I thought the same thing the Keto waffles and break breadlike

LOVED these. This is the 3rd keto waffle recipe that Iā€™ve tried and it was the best.
FYI: I found I needed to let them cook for about 1.5 cycles in my personal waffle maker. They were sticking to the iron after the normal single cycle.

(Dave Anderson) #324

I had wanted to try since I heard about Brendaā€™s waffle iron discovery when staying with the 2 keto dudes.
a few days ago I bought a $15 waffle maker from Target in Australia to the amazement of my 17 yo daughter, who told me I couldnā€™t have waffles with my new ketogenic lifestyle.
Well I proved her wrong.
They are AMAZING Brenda.
Thank you.
I made with homemade pork rinds and they were fantastic.
Having topped with bacon and sugar free syrup topped them off beautifully.

This looks fantastic, will be trying tomorrow :smiley:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #326

Yes the dudes and the dude crew would get together at the Low Carb Breckenridge conference in Colorado and rent a house together, more like a chalet. And the morning I was going to make everyone pork rind pancakes. Richard was digging around in the cupboards and found a waffle iron so we decided to give it a try. We were very surprised at worked so well. That was March of 2017. In July of 2017 we used the same waffles for a cooking demonstration at KetoFest in New London Connecticut. Richard and I cooked them together. There is a YouTube video, Iā€™ll go find the link and link it here. KetoFest 2018 I cooked the same recipe but made the pancakes. This is been one of the most popular recipes that I created and many many people love it. Thank you for the compliments.
HEREā€™S THE VIDEO

I just made this for breakfast yesterday!
Topped with cream cheese, butter and cinnamon.

I used cream cheese instead of heavy cream, and I pulverized the pork rinds into crumbs in a food processor. It came out very good, but I think it was a little dry. I would like to compare the consistency using heavy cream.

Hi @Brenda. I canā€™t wait to try this.

Question thoughā€¦ Do you have the MACROS for this? Thanks :slight_smile:

Great pix!, yum, cant wait to try them for Thanksgiving breakfast!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #330

Almost no carbs unless you want to count the carbs in the cinnamon and the eggs. Some people count the protein in the pork rinds, but itā€™s an incomplete protein. Definitely count the fat. These are very high fat. I donā€™t have the macros worked out but it wouldnā€™t be hard to figure out

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #331

HERES THE VIDEO!!! KetoFest 2017 Richard Morris @richard and I demonstrated this recipe as waffles and KetoFest 2018 @NativeKetoMan and I made pancakes.

(Alba Loren) #334

I also love maple syrup but unfortunately for me anyway I have to stay away from sucralose at all cost itā€™s pretty bad in a lot of people there not aware How Itā€™s Made and how itā€™s processed in the body hereā€™s a little info on the subject:

Research Reveals Shocking Information About Sucralose (Splenda) Side Effects

Written by Dr. Joseph Mercola

Fact Checked
February 06, 2019

(Brennan) #335

Youā€™re link didnā€™t work so I googled it. Itā€™s a good read and welcome information. Thanks

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #336

Iā€™m not worried about it. I rarely use it. Iā€™m keto for life so occasional use fits in my life.

I used to get Walden farms syrup, but I didnā€™t want to spend the money again so I started making my own syrups and putting them in the bottles. This has been a good recipe (https://www.ruled.me/thick-sticky-maple-syrup/) but you can also look up Walden farm copy cat recipes on YouTube if you want.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #338

That ruled.me recipe is my favorite!

I didnā€™t think theyā€™d stick together like most of the other keto pancakes Iā€™ve tried, but these are firm (in a good way!) and almost crispy around the edgesā€¦ yum :slight_smile:

I used coconut cream in the recipe instead of HWC, cooked them in ghee which I then put on the pancakes, and loaded them with a layer of cream, berries, strawberry sauce and reduced cream. Yes, Iā€™m being indulgent :stuck_out_tongue:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #340

:nauseated_face::nauseated_face::face_vomiting::rofl:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #341

@Adam
I love Vegemite and itā€™s full of vitamin B! Iā€™m from Minnesota, USA! LOL. Full disclosure I also like marmite. I canā€™t tell the differenceā€¦
runs and hides behind a rock

(Adam L) #342

Further proof youā€™re a Fair Dinkum Legend @Brenda :+1: :australia::us:

(Candace) #343

Made these this morning, delicious! I didnā€™t have cinnamon flavor, so I used maple instead. Will definitely do this again