Coconut pancakes

breakfast

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #242

Mine have zero meat taste. I think it highly depends on the brand of pork rinds, which vary state to state, country to country. Be sure you buy the plain pork rinds which have only pork skin and salt in the ingredients.

(Doug) #243

This is very important! Itā€™s frustrating to me, often - I canā€™t find the plain ones in big bags, only the smaller bags. Meanwhile, the flavored ones are in great, honking bags.

(Lonnie Hedley) #244

Yep, Meijer Original Pork Rinds. Ingredients are fried pork skin, salt. They were good, but definitely more ā€œsausage-likeā€ than ā€œpancakeā€ which is why I thought I did something wrong. Iā€™m thinking Iā€™ll pour butter and sprinkle cinnamon over the remainder of the bag.

(Lonnie Hedley) #245

Iā€™ve made French toast out of the 90 second almond bread. Turned out great!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #246

Recipe link please?

(Lonnie Hedley) #247

I use this as a base, then add stuff like cinnamon to make cinnamon bread or to get ready for french toast. Or, I add nutritional yeast and garlic to make a cheddar garlic bread. I was surprised after binging on 2ketodudes that they didnā€™t mention this bread. It was the first one I found when I started doing low carb.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #248

I tried the bread. It cooked up simple and easy. A bit eggy, but I donā€™t mind. Iā€™m looking forward to making sweet and savory versions. THANK YOU

I know Iā€™m late to the game but I just made the pancakes for my kids this morning.
Thanks, @Brenda, they rock!

(Mike) #250

Thank you SO Much for this recipeā€¦I donā€™t know if Im the only one that went out and bought a waffle iron just for this but I sure did. As soon as I saw a waffle recipe my brain went sandwich I havenā€™t had one in six months and having lived on them for many years I was missing them. Instead of vanilla and cinnamon I added Tabasco to make them savory the piled on bacon, tomato, avocado and mayo. While it was great next time ( and there will be many next times ) I will make the batter further in advance and give the waffles time to cool some before assembling the sandwich.

Finally made theseā€¦ Very good!

(Brian Ernst) #252

Thanks for the recipe! Texture reminds me of apple pancakes. :grin:

(Robin Gray) #253

Thank you for this waffle recipe! I added some xylitol to satisfy my sweet tooth. I didnā€™t realize until just now as I look at the photo that I forgot to add butter before the berries and syrup. Too eager! :joy:
image|633x500

(Seth Rue) #254

Holy Shit I have not tried it yet but it looks amazing.

(Seth Rue) #255

Barely held off for an action shot.

@Brenda you are a genius. Iā€™m sad I didnā€™t realize I ran out of cinnamon. I also may have used too much syrup. But I start a 3 day fast tomorrow so I should be fine.

(Candy Lind) #256

Iā€™m so lucky to be in Texas! They are everywhere, and dirt cheap. :grin:

(Chris W) #257

Making some zero carb pork rind English muffins and/or hamburger buns! Thanks for the recipe.

After slicing, Iā€™ll call this a success.

I added a bit of water to the basic recipe and used the egg rings to hold their shape and add height while they cooked

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #258

@cwstnsko

Those look FANFUCKINGTASTIC!

Please cook for me!

(Robert Hollinger) #259

breaking my 58 hour fast shortly with chocolate waffles. wow an entire bag of rinds for 1 waffle. my son already had one and loved it. he agreed it is very filling.

i may not make it very far because i had a few macadamias just now and already feeling full.

(Robert Hollinger) #260

as expected. I was able to get 2 full and one half from my waffle iron with a double batch. I ate the half and was stuffed. still have a full waffle left for another time.

(Candy Lind) #261

Excellent idea! I can now make breakfast sammies for myself and hubby while we are on the road. Off to order the egg rings. :grin: