Coconut pancakes

breakfast

(Andrew Anderson) #222

First try today. I’m in love. :heart:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #223

They’re pretty nice when you miss carby bready wheat pancakes!

(Khara) #224

Ok. These are pretty good. I’m very pleased. And the recipe is so simple. Thank you. :+1:t3::+1:t3: I pick and choose my Keto Dudes podcast and one I listened to last week had these pork rind pancakes as the recipe of the day. Had to try for Saturday morning. Not a fan of pork rinds but these pancakes don’t hold that flavor at all. I used Mission brand chicharrones. I followed the original recipe, no alterations. I can’t do sugar substitutes or sugar free syrups so I topped with Kerrygold butter and some volunteer strawberries from the backyard. Really very good. The strawberries add a fresh taste. I made 4 pancakes to share so we had 2 each and that’s about all we could handle. Very filling. Did anyone happen to weigh what one cup of pork rinds is?? I’d like to add this to my recipes but forgot to weigh. :expressionless:

(Khara) #225

Oh geeez. I just noticed the original recipe show ~1.5 oz for the weight of the 1 c pork rinds. Never mind…

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #226

The bags of pork rinds I buy are 3 ounces each, and when I crush them into crumbs it measures 2 cups of pork rind crumbs.
That’s where I get the 1.5 ounces per cup, and that’s per measured cup of crumbs. :slight_smile:

Did fried chicken thigh and waffles today, forgot to take a pic, but for the first time tried this syrup… Oh my, it is amazing. My new favorite syrup! Put it on German pancakes yesterday and reheated it today for Zorn waffles. It’s a foamy, warm, sweet kind of syrup you would find at a great breakfast place.

(G. Andrew Duthie) #228

Tried this syrup this morning… Amazing!

Thanks for sharing. Might be worth posting on it’s own too make it easier to find.

(Becky) #229

I love this syrup! It has a lovely toffee flavor. I reheat my left over syrup in the microwave and the flavor deepens with each reheat. I eat it off the spoon. I did check my blood sugar, because it tasted too good to be true, I wasn’t spiked.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #230

228 comments here.
So happy these pancakes are a hit.
My next quest with these:
Ima make several and then dip them in beaten egg to make French toast.

I MISS FRENCH TOAST

(Bella Tricks) #231

I’m in Aus.
Get em at the stupormarket or better yet, your local Asian food store. Or on the internet.

I think we are going to try these soon.

(Darlene Horsley) #233

Oh my stars! I made these today and they were heavenly!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #234

:zornface:

(Ernest) #235

Experiment. I’m not really into carb substitutes but I like to experiment.

With a few tweaks, I made hamburger buns. Steadier than carb buns

(Crippie) #236

Another satisfied waffle maker here!

These were great!!!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #237

They really are a welcome food after no bread type products for such a long time

(Linda Culbreth) #238

I make a double batch and try to keep a few in the freezer. They do well in a pop-up toaster from the frozen state.

Okay we just made these as waffles. It’s a hit! Tastes a little like the whole wheat batter they used to have at Perkins.

(Carey) #240

I agree, they look and taste similar and also have similar high density!

(Lonnie Hedley) #241

Tried these today and they were really tasty. However, mine seemed more like sweet sausage patties than they did pancakes. Did I not crush my pork rinds enough, or do others think these come out more like a sweet sausage patty? I like the idea about using these as a bun for a McGriddle type sandwich.