November 2018 ZornFast

(Brenda Zorn IDM Educator) #102

It really was okay. It could have been so much worse. And I think I actually emotionally handled it better than if I hadn’t been fasting. By day two I’m pretty euphoric and engaging anyone in conversation that stops long enough to allow me to LOL

(Brenda Zorn IDM Educator) #103

Hour 58 and all is well. Black coffee, black tea. Water, salt. I plan to fast until 8 a.m. Saturday but I may go longer because I’m never hungry in the morning. At 4 p.m. this afternoon I will be halfway there. In my mind I’m telling myself “just two more days” and it seems manageable if I psychologically focus on that…

(Brenda Zorn IDM Educator) #104

Hey. When did they start making these salt packets larger? They to be half this size!

(Brenda Zorn IDM Educator) #105

Yes sometimes I stuff salt packets from the gas station in my pocket. So sue me

(Brennan) #106

That’s genius! Also I remember salt packs being half that size.

(Doug) #107

Still stuck in the Land of Small Salt Packets here. The larger one looks cool, and is probably easier to open and handle.

(Brenda Zorn IDM Educator) #108

Way easier to open! Of course the taste isn’t the best but they’re very convenient to throw in the car or your pocket.

(#inforthelonghaul, KCKO, KCFO) #109

(Jeff Davis) #110

Yup. Some Pellegrino did the trick.

Just about 72 hrs. here now and heading down to the basement to work out for a while. :slight_smile:

(Brenda Zorn IDM Educator) #112

64:38 and cruising along well

(Hoby Bradfield) #113

Day 3 in the books… and I’ve been hungry as a hostage all day long… LOTS of stomach rumbles… tea and water not helping… taking some more salt and trying a carbonated mineral water…

(Brennan) #114

69 and feeling meh. 69 hours in, not hungry just don’t have the energy I had at this point last time I did an EF. Topping up my electrolytes and carrying on.

(Hoby Bradfield) #115

Woke up this morning feeling light-headed and cold. Stomach rumbling to beat the band… breaking my fast this morning @ 82 hours or so…

(Jeff Davis) #116

Breaking my fast this morning at 82 hours with some bacon and eggs. New personal record; prior record was 72 hours. I really felt great throughout and any “hunger” I experienced was 99% psychological. I’m down about four pounds over the course of the fast. Going forward, I plan to do one or two 36-42 hour fasts weekly, and a longer fast like this every six weeks or so.

Presently at 85.5 hrs. and feeling great. (Well, except that I’m at work. :woozy_face:) :slight_smile:

(Brenda Zorn IDM Educator) #118

Hour 79 : 10
All is well.

@onlyjeffdavis

Eggs can be problematic to break a fast with. If you experience any GI issues, there are two possible causes, the eggs, or the food quantity when you break the fast. It is strongly recommended you “wake” your digestive system with a very small quantity of food, such as 2 ounces of meat, then wait 30 to 60 minutes before consuming a normal sized meal.

I wasn’t sure if you knew these tips for breaking a fast. These are IDM methods that work consistently well.

(Brennan) #119

~83 hours in, woke up feeling amazing this morning! I may go longer than 5 days of I continue to feel this good.

Also how good is salted coffee… Mmmm salted coffee :drooling_face:

(Jeff Davis) #120

I had read about eggs, but I’ve never had trouble breaking a fast with them in the past, and feel fine this morning. It could be a n=1 thing.

I’m sitting on about 82 hours, and thinking about going on another day or two…and all is well.

<<<<<BUTT!>>>>>

I CHEAT , regularly on these Extended Fasts nowadays, since I’m in maintenance. That, and I can’t seem to go beyond 48 on a genuine, bonafide, water-only fast anymore. Not comfortably anyways.

My “cheats” are Cream and Stevia but those 2 little compromises do seem to enable me to go on for MUCH longer. I’m grateful to be able to fast, either way. I’m one of ;those people who can’t possibly overstate how much benefit I derive from fasting, and have utilized them for decades now…even when morbidly obese. (333 pounds! YIKES!)

The Stevia is no doubt mostly mental. The Heavy Whipping Cream is pure fat and loaded with calories, but I feel like a MILLION BUCKS and that’s good enough for me. It does, however, add about 200 calories each day, to what would otherwise be a REAL fast.

I add them to my coffee and tea and will continue to do so, when I need to go longer on my E.F.-ing.

So sue me. :slightly_smiling_face: