November 2018 ZornFast

(Brennan) #82

@Brenda that’s awesome! One good idea amplified and multiplied :grin:

I’m at 38 hrs. presently, and feeling fine. Actually worked out last night for about an hour and a half, walking for the first 30 minutes or so, and then worked out on the Total Gym for a while. Also plan on doing a bunch of stuff around the house today as well, so will be busy for the most part.

(Brenda Zorn IDM Educator) #84

31 hours for me so far.
Not feeling hungry. Needed salt upon awakening, slight headache was threatening. I’m fine now. I’m about to load up on coffee, I will drink lots of water before and after.

(Brennan) #85

36 hours in and feeling awesome, just killing it at work today!

(Jeff Davis) #86

39 hours. Slight headache cured with some salt water. Not hungry. Going until Thursday late breakfast/early lunch, which will put me at around 85 hours. My longest fast previously has been 72 hours.

(Brenda Zorn IDM Educator) #87

Go Go Go Go Go !!!

(#inforthelonghaul, KCKO, KCFO) #88

Wow Brenda, just listened to the broadcast. Was so excited to hear Kevin’s story about his search for a healthy kidney. So happy so many have stepped up to assist him in that.

Also, let’s hear about those new personal bests you mentioned.

I am so thankful in this season of thanksgiving to have found not only the 2ketodudes, but all the wonderful people in the forums like yourself and too many others to mention.

Peace and Good Health to All this Season.

(Jeff Davis) #89

Went to the gym over lunch and did some weight lifting while 41 hours fasted. Felt like a fucking beast.

(Brenda Zorn IDM Educator) #90

Hour 40: 30
Just broke my old adduction record at the gym. 260. Rocket fuel!

(Hoby Bradfield) #91

48 hours in the books… need salt… pretty hungry, but not as bad as yesterday…

48.5 hrs. and all’s well as usual. :slight_smile: … Stayed busy for many hours working in my basement, so understandably a little tired, but feeling fine overall.

(Brennan) #93

48 hours in, spent the evening reading studies so I had things to share with my diabetes educators. Also Doctor’s appointment tomorrow to review yesterdays blood work :grin: (A1C dropped 3.1% in less than 2 months!)

(#inforthelonghaul, KCKO, KCFO) #94

fireworks

(Brenda Zorn IDM Educator) #95

Hour 46 : 21 and had a stressful incident. Tire shredded on my van, pitch dark, no shoulder on the road, etc. etc. AAA to the rescue but. . . . .
my mind STILL went right to food. When fasting I realize how often I use it for comfort. Luckily the service station had 6 flavors of (unsweetened) coffee. Their autumn spice was pretty good. It kept me on track, and I didn’t cave.
I WANT TO FAST THRU FRIDAY DAMMIT

(Hoby Bradfield) #96

Got up this morning to workout… water and coffee to fuel the workout… finished without tanking… tested my ketones and blood glucose shortly after the workout… BG 120; ketones 0.1… looks like my liver is doing its job! Lol

(Jeff Davis) #97

Woke up this morning at 58 hours and aside from a little tummy rumbling am feeling great. Tomorrow is my 40th birthday and I will break the fast then, at just north of 80 hours for my longest fast ever. I have been on a keto/dirty-carnivore/fasting journey for almost two years now and have made a lot of progress but still have room for improvement. I’m glad, however, that I will be lighter, stronger, and healthier on my 40th birthday than I was on my 30th.

Presently at 63 hrs. and woke this morning with that anticipated amped-up feeling I’ve been waiting on! Plan on buzzing through the day and getting the most from it. … The one bad thing I find with this natural high, is that when it happens, my fingers seem to want to type fasting then normal and I can at times be all over the place! :smile: … Just feel very juiced up at the moment. :slight_smile:

Glad to hear everyone is Fasting along nicely. … And sorry to hear about your troubles, @Brenda, at least you didn’t get hurt and enjoyed the Coffee! :slight_smile:

I’ve done multiple extended fasts this month (I’m at around 60 hours on this one) but overall I’m UP for the month around 8 pounds. :neutral_face:

I’m officially a year into ‘maintenance mode’ as of Thanksgiving last week, I’m still trying to figure it all out, but E.F.-- ing is my safety net…in part. It’s much more than that, I know. But this partick-u-lar ZornFast is mostly Post Thanksgiving Penance (and repair) and it just is what it is.

I’ve been successful with KETO (lost 160+ pounds) and I’m never going back. But I musta lost my mind last week.

(Brenda Zorn IDM Educator) #100

Try sparkling water, it’s a Dr. Fung/ IDM trick

(Brenda Zorn IDM Educator) #101

I hear you. Doing the scares me. I’m afraid I won’t come back from it.