November 2018 ZornFast

My current goal is 9, but I was pretty proud of myself for eating at 10 today. Once I meet my goal of 9, I’ll move it forward. This will mean finishing by 5 most days though, because I often get home from work about 9. We’ll see!

(Omar) #43

thanks

regarding sodium, salts makes my tinnitus much worse.

(Susan) #44

I did 69 hours, an accidental keto snack fest and now 49 hours. I bought groceries this morning to break my fast but I am not hungry at all. I worked an overtime night shift so I will be going to sleep soon. I hope I don’t sleep eat again.

(Brennan) #45

Well I think I’m going to call it at 70 hours. I’m not hungry and I feel amazing… But I miss food! Also I want to try experimenting with IF starting Monday, so I should eat tonight and tomorrow.

I posted over in the “November 2018 IF / EF Chat” about the 24/5 IF schedule I was going to try. If you have any comments suggestions or have tried something similar I’d love to hear about it.

@Brenda I’ll definitely be joining you on another Zorn fast or two in the future, this was amazing!
:thinking::face_with_raised_eyebrow::smirk::upside_down_face::crazy_face:

(Lonnie Hedley) #46

I made it just shy of 62 hours and forgot I was fasting. No biggie, I was an hour from goal. It was right after getting home from an 11 mile walk with my little buddy.

(Brennan) #47

Lol that’s awesome!

(Omar) #48

60 hours still good

I read several comments in this forum and elsewhere that when fasting hands and feet and body in general get colder.

my observation is the other way. hands, feet and body in general gets warmer until about third day.( or at least stay the same )

change on temperature feeling will have to mean something.

this is water only fast no butter no coffee or nothing

Will be good if people note observation.

(Brenda Zorn IDM Educator) #49

I do often get cold for just a short time at about the end of day one, then full on fat burning kicks in and I’m warm the rest of my fast.

(Brenda Zorn IDM Educator) #50

I’m really glad you enjoyed it. This fast in particular has been running monthly on the same week for at least 3 years. After Megan and Jason observed what I was doing for a while, I was hired to run their group fast in the membership community at IDM. There’s just something really helpful about fasting with a group.

Success But Big Lesson Learned

I did a 70-hour, water-only fast, then ate a small meal (10 carbs, <1k calories) Thursday night in only a 1-hour window then immediately added another 36-hour fast till Saturday morning. Ate well, but maybe only about 25-30 total carbs today while tailgating at LSU football game.

Result was a good loss of 4 pounds during the week and dipped to 204 — down 51 pounds since April 8. Hope to keep 2 pounds off during refeeding.

Will eat stout keto today before embarking on another fast.

A big lesson I learned: Do not break up an extended fast with only one small/short meal and then start another EF right away. The 70-hour fast was a breeze because I’ve done several now and had eaten a large meal to start. But the following 36-hour fast was misery multiplied. I was hungry almost the entire time and felt “off”. Never got back into that fasting feel. I chalk it up to simply not having enough calories in me either coming off the 70 or going into the 36. Only self discipline got me through it.

I had read you should eat at least two days between EFs — seems like good advice now. But I had to learn for myself. Lesson learned. A hard one.

NOTE: Our 47th wedding anniversary coming up this week. Plan to hit a really nice steakhouse with wife Monday and then do a 2.5 day (62-66 hours) fast leading into the big T-Day feed. Going to be another challenging week. Will again have to call on my old Marine Corps discipline — mental toughness and resolve is everything.

(#inforthelonghaul, KCKO, KCFO) #52

:confetti_ball: Congrats on making it through and happy anniversary to you and your lovely bride. :confetti_ball:

(Omar) #53

completed 72 hours and already breakfast.

only thing I lost the warmth of my body to the end of third day

Not cold but not as warm as the pre fast and the first 2 days of fasting.

I think I lost one kilo.

I was hungry throughout the three days but comfortable.

the only issue is my IBS still hurts before, during and after fasting.

(#inforthelonghaul, KCKO, KCFO) #54

I got up and decided to break my fast earlier then lunch, I went downstairs with every intention of cooking up a nice keto breaklast. Poured some coffee, no HWC, I realized I just wasn’t into food again yet. So just fasting on til later in the day. I did 45hrs. had a refeed meal that confirmed to fat fasting rules. and continued onwards, that is when I decided to do 36 hrs with only water and black coffee, I usually do HWC with my coffee.

I’ve hit my hrs. target but food just isn’t calling my name yet.

(Hoby Bradfield) #55

Well hecky -darned… I missed this months fast… I may do mine next week instead…

I refed a day and a half then added a 24 hour today. And, funny thing, after I ate dinner the next day I held the same weight. The next day after a 2mad, I lost more! I made goal! We shall see what tomorrow brings.

(Brennan) #57

Congrats!

(Brenda Zorn IDM Educator) #58

I never get sick but I feel like I’m coming down with a cold today. This really bums me out because I was planning on fasting this week again. Oh well, I guess I’ll have to fast next week. I’m not about to attempt to fast if I’m sick.

Take good care of yourself :cut_of_meat:

(Brenda Zorn IDM Educator) #60

I plan to, thanks! That’s why I’m not going to fast if I have a cold. I’m definitely going to need to be eating. I need to take really good care of myself so I could fast next week! I don’t like it when things interrupt my fasting plans :frowning:

(Brenda Zorn IDM Educator) #61

I’m planning on doing a 5-day next week. Monday November 26 through Friday November 30. Five full days with refeeding on Saturday and Sunday December 1st and 2nd.