November 2018 ZornFast

(Brenda Zorn IDM Educator) #21

The human body can can gain or lose as much as 6 lb in a day just due to water weight, especially women. So I always tell people to ignore the first 6 lb…
which means technically you’ve reached your goal weight.

Congratulations :gift_heart::1st_place_medal::trophy:

(Omar) #22

this is my third 3 days EF

I am 24 hours in so far so good.

usually the first and second days are difficult but so far so good. I feel hungry but not uncomfortable.

planning 3 days fast for health reason not for weight loss.

That’s super sweet, but the gain has lasted 3 weeks… so I suspect not water after all! But maybe that low weight was water loss from fasting. I expected to gain some of it back, but got back the whole shebang. Almost there!

(Kirsten) #24

hey everybody, I joined a little late so I’m currently 21:07 hours fasted…I’m definitely not as cranky as last time, which I think is due to my starting this fast yesterday at noon and thus sleeping through a lot of the 16-18 hour icky feelings.

Hope everybody is still going strong!

(#inforthelonghaul, KCKO, KCFO) #25

38 hrs. in and doing well. I did have some IT band pain last night but made a fresh batch of ketoaid and will be drinking that all day, that should clear the issue up.

I, too, started this fat (I’ve only done one 36 hr and one 72 hour fast previously) after lunch on Wednesday rather than after dinner, and I agree it’s helped timing-wise. I also think it might be easier to break a fast at lunch considering I normally IF and skip breakfast, rather than wait alllll the way until dinner. I guess we’ll see!

(Brenda Zorn IDM Educator) #27

It can be, so the recommendation in this case is simply to eat FAT, or extremely fatty nearly zero carb/protein food, then continue.

(Justin Jordan) #28

Heck I’ve managed 16 in a single day - not just water weight, but a looooot of food too.

(Brennan) #29

New to the forum, never did Facebook. Heard about the Zorn fast on the podcast, always sounded interesting. Didn’t get around to looking into it till today, by coincidence started on time anyway.

42 hours into my first extended fast and loving it!

(#inforthelonghaul, KCKO, KCFO) #30

Welcome. Glad you found this supportive fasting group. Always happy to see newbies here.

Hope you can complete your fasting goal.

(Ellen) #31

On auto-pilot after work so went shopping, thankfully is all stuff that will keep, although will probably break tomorrow as off to see friends. KFKO all.

(Brennan) #32

Thanks, glad they switched over to this forum. I was almost half considering going back to Facebook after five years away just to see what all the fuss was about.

(Lonnie Hedley) #33

46 hours, 36 minutes. Will be breaking around 63 hours.

(Brenda Zorn IDM Educator) #34

DOOOOON"T DO IIIIIIT. Lol
Facebook is the cesspool of the internet.
BTW, Hi Brennan. I’m Brenda. Welcome to the forum and welcome to my fast. This is it’s 9th month into it’s third year. Always the 3rd Thursday of the month through the following Sunday (unless a major holiday falls in there, then we move it up a week.)

(Brennan) #35

Thanks Brenda,
Don’t worry I definitely won’t be going back to the cesspool. Decided to keep listening to the podcast (only on episode 52 so far [great episode BTW for anyone who hasn’t listened to it yet]) and see what changes as I get closer and closer to the present. I’m living in the past! Or at least listening in the past. And loving every minute of it! So glad I found the podcast and this community!

Keep Calm and Keto On!!!

Ok, I’m ending now at just short of 68 hours. My goal was 72, but I started my fast at 1:00am :roll_eyes: and figured my goal of not eating so late at night was more important. I thought about waiting till tomorrow, but it’s going to be a busy day so I’ll just make dinner and meal prep for tomorrow. Oh my! How domestic I’ve become!

(Brenda Zorn IDM Educator) #37

This is very important to me too. I’m working at closing my eating window at 7 PM and making it a permanent habit.

(Omar) #38

48 hours now

looking good better than Yesterday. I worked very hard physically today.

only water and magnesium.

I lost one kilo but I am sure it is water

(Brenda Zorn IDM Educator) #39

No supplemental sodium?

The body absolutely MUST burn at minimum one half pound of body fat a day to function. In the complete absence of food, some of your weight loss was fat.

Jumped the line this month while on retreat last week (130h). I participate in retreats where the food is entirely vegetarian, thus extremely non low carb friendly - between the legumes, rice, oats etc, its virtually impossible. So I have opted to take advantage of the situation and fast (water, tea). I do take some supplementary foods such as butter, nuts and cheese in case for some reason I feel the need to break fast - but thus far, I haven’t found the need. And of course because we are in meditation, there is plenty of time to reflect on cravings, relationship with food and the like :grin:. And I can tell you - towards the end, I can literally taste my favorite foods :rofl:. Happy fasting and see you next month!