NoVegNovemberCarniStyle

(Michael) #271

Back eating. Last night was lots of bacon wrapped kidneys and then for main course, bit of beef liver and then tongue, cheeks, eyeball, testicles and some thymus.

Had more of the same/leftovers for breakfast with cheese this morning. Just ate large lunch of salmon and Buffalo steaks. Planning on 3 meals today so will eat again later. Need to get my calories above normal for a few days to make up for fasting.

(Linda ) #272

Yesterday was a strange day started off with steak with bacon and had lamb hocks as 2nd meal…

Then my husband started with the I dont bake anymore its prob cos it’s the holiday season and last year he had keto deserts but here I am in nebraska and although I bought a few kitchen gadgets with me things like baking pans wasn’t included…so I decided if I was gonna make him something it have to be keto at the worst but closer to carnivore so I decided to make him a no bake pie…pie crust was ground pork rinds and butter…with a table spoon of skinny syrup flavour…filling was cream cheese sf cool whip, more syrup and ground lillies choc…yup I had a smallish slice it was super filling and not overly sweet luckily… so no stomach issues and no cravings…told my husband the rest is his I had my taste…so hopefully he is now happy least til Christmas…

So today my food has been steak and more steak.

Husbands!

Alvaro continues eating sugary sweets for every meal (not alone, with his own rice cakes). Why I was worried? I underestimated him. He does it in moderation, though, only as part of his final course. It’s still easy to eat, like, 5 kg candy in a month… It’s a tad scary though. Good we basically never buy candy, just get them as gifts, very rarely and never this much…

I am obviously very very satiated after yesterday, it feels very nice.
I will look at the pork very cautiously from now on as maybe we can’t go shopping for weeks due to Covid. We have plenty of food at home but way less for me if I don’t want to eat carby stuff. I don’t. But as I may need even more meat and eggs if I do (it’s not so simple but I definitely can’t live on carby things), that isn’t a good direction anyway.
But I have so much bodyfat, a few weeks shouldn’t be a problem ever. I will be careful using my modest supplies. Alvaro will start to panic in a few days if he can’t get raw veggies though but we have fermented stuff too. Oh well, someone surely can bring some to us. I can’t do that with meat as I must be there and see and decide. Eggs are easy too…
But I am rooting for it being not Covid :slight_smile: Alvaro feels almost okay and enjoys being home. He sees the positive side of having Covid: he can say he had it and his immune system gets a boost even without the 3rd vaccine. Our… head medical officer in English, maybe? She said everyone should get the third too. Until now it was adviced for more vulnerable people. Elderly, Alvaro with his lack of spleen… But now it’s for everyone. We reached 6 million for the 1st vaccine, it’s pretty much stuck there since long. But many people gets the 3rd and now there will be even more I suppose.
I for one want the Covid (okay, SARS-Cov-2) bounce back from my awesome immune system. That is the best.

I wrote, made it blurred than deleted a lot about Christmas. I am a wee bit torn as I usually make edible and partially decorated Christmas gifts. Some are low-carb, some are impossible to make it that way. I can decorate rocks too but maybe that’s not as good for everyone… Alvaro’s Mom may be okay with some pig farm sausage too and she is the one who gets 2 different low-carb treats and in these times we probably wouldn’t meet the little girl… We will see what I will do and bake. The last Christmases were somewhat stressful as I am not good at making things pretty. But I want to and I can do it with enough tries and effort. Maybe I left it to Alvaro, to figure out some tiny edible gift for his brother. The brother is good at tiny edible gifts, even the odd one (a bunch of cat food) was welcomed :smiley: I don’t know his tastes at all, we don’t see him once a year for 2 hours and he spends that time with his mother, mostly.

I am okay with my old no gifts policy (I am horrible at gifts so I spare the stress) but I made a tiny exception for Christmas, hence the edible gifts. But it’s a bit stressful and some of the gifts get farther and farther from my default woe and that matters.

It’s super easy to give me gifts (art stuff or some fun figurine, I am happy with a cheap but good pencil. if it has dinosaurs or some cute drawings on it, even better). Mom had a hard time to figure it out but one Christmas she gave me a notebook and a pen. That was the best gift she ever gave me, by far. I got my horrible gift sense from her, I think.

I like a peaceful, loving Christmas, that’s the most important. Stress and overeating is a very common horrible thing people do. Gift competition too. I never understood those but suffered from it (except the last one, fortunately). And not in a way that would be logical. I didn’t really overeat on Christmas I think. I typically lost all my appetite due to way too much unnecessary food (made with unnecessary stress). I was starving on my worst Christmas, in a house full with food but I was underfoot and shouldn’t enter the kitchen all day (all the kitchen work was very unnecessary, by the way as Mom went to somewhere else with oh so much and different food for 4 persons, only one with a big appetite)… I spent that Christmas alone, surrounded with a ton of food I didn’t want anymore. (But I probably ate some, of course. I rarely am in a state where I don’t want food for days.) I had an okay childhood, this was very unusual but I never could forget it. THIS is what one mustn’t do, among many others.

@Karen18
I went back and checked older pic and yea I see the drain now.
I think that was very clever and well done to cover that. Hey gotta have maintenance handled :slight_smile:

Your laterns looks fab.

You must now have the fanciest garden in your area! Really fine job on that Karen, I know you should enjoy that wonderful outside space for many years to come!

@Azi, yea those keto husbands! Sounds like you did good by him :slight_smile:

-----------Packing my RV. Leave tomorrow for a fast beach trip. Alot of meat is going with me as usual and my metal detector. Spanish gold here I come…I wish :star_struck: Only gone 4 days so I am covered well. Plus my all you can eat crab leg buffet. When I get that I will picture my plate for you all to drool over HA

today is big Tbone steak. Not sure on second meal, probably burgers.

Need some Dec. carnivore title names…someone throw out a few festive ones and we can grab one and get ready for Dec…our final month of the year…then we all got a NEW Carnivore year for us to do what we want and get results we desire :slight_smile:

(Edith) #276

Rudolph the Red-Meat Ruminant

Holly Jolly Meat Fest

AND WE GOT A WINNER HERE!

That is hysterical :slight_smile:

I love it!!!

Thanks VE, ya made me smile big on that one HAHA

This thread is inspiring. I don’t keep strictly carni myself but I do have lots of “meat meals.”

Cool! Heavy meat keto is a plan lifestyle many do well on.

eat up those good meats as it suits you for sure and if you are doing other stuff that works SO well for you but big meat heavy!..then we can christen you a ‘Ketovore’ which is a great thing if it is you :slight_smile:

Most meals I still add onions or mushrooms or something. Or, yesterday, serrano peppers sauteed with garlic.

well that is tiny and more of a condiment so that isn’t even eating off plan in a way IF IT suits you so more power to you.

omg any peppers sends me into heartburn land fast and garlic tastes so sweet I can’t stand it anymore and mushrooms, yes I can easily eat those very well, but now I say why eat a mushroom when I can eat a bigger steak without it HAHA

Sounds like you are doing just fine in my eyes :slight_smile: and hitting what is working well for you!! Best way forward, do you with great results and ya can’t go wrong!

(Edith) #282

Ha, ha! Love this!

(Daisy) #283

Ive been trying to avoid dairy, but last night I was really craving Buffalo chicken dip, so I pulled a bowl out of the freezer and enjoyed with pork rinds. It kept me up all night sick to my stomach!! Then for the last week I have been super craving a bacon cheeseburger. Finally made one this morning with a couple eggs. For lunch/dinner, I had 4 small ribeyes :joy::joy: I had 2, then a couple hours later was still very hungry, so I just made the other 2.
image image image image image

(Karen) #284

Did very little yesterday. 20 Stair runs only. Pottered about doing not very much, glued a bluetit back on a small birdbath I bought as t arrived broken. Been meaning to glue it back on since I got it, won’t embarrass myself by saying how long ago that was. Sometimes I get into the I can’t be bothered zone!
One of my worse buys lol it looked so much better in the catalogue! Hey ho it has water in and is now looking very lonely, small and insignificant in the garden :laughing: was going to fix the guttering but didn’t… it was just so cold and my fingers were hurting from the cold over past few days and from all the stippling.

Yesterday I ate quite a bit.
Brunch was chicken n melted cheese
Dinner was large sirliin steak followed by some pork, cheese, chicken broth x 2 cups, more pork, more cheese!

I am off on vacation for 4 days to the beach. I am bringing laptop so I will check in when I can.

Everyone hold firm and carnivore thru the holiday time and eat up all that great meat/seafood, fish and fowl you want :slight_smile:

Chat up later and everyone have a great Tday if celebrating it!!!

(Karen) #286

Safe journey take care and have a great time x

(Daisy) #287

Have a great time @Fangs!!

Today I had a ribeye and some eggs for breakfast (and bone broth jello) and 2 ribeyes for lunch/dinner. The ribeyes were from last year’s cow, the eggs were from my backyard chickens and the bone broth was made by me from leftover bones that I’ve eaten off. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: days like today make me feel especially good about the way I eat!
image image image image image

(Michael) #288

Finished the beef tongue for my first meal today. Second meal was the first prep which made me a bit queasy. Ended up tasting great though. Here we go, after clean

Second clean

After 75 minute pressure cook

Fried in butter and bacon fat and served with my safety net of bacon and eggs. Did not need safety net, was good enough to eat stand-alone

(Linda ) #289

Have a safe trip fangs…

went shopping today but we don’t have a sams club where we bought the house closest is 2 hours away so it made for a day outing took the dogs too so it was a day out for us,all…went to a BBQ restaurant should have gone to a steak house instead ordered a combo the best part was smoked sausage except it came drowned in sauce… scraped what I could off but obvious not enough cos within 15 20 mins I had a head ache…so when we got back home cooked up a steak and ate that…

(Karen) #290

@Azi AWW Linda that sounds awful…long way to go to get a headache! Hope the steak made it better.

I seem to be a day behind again.

Yesterday did 30 stair runs and then got myself ready to go to the doctors surgery for my booster jab. The lovely nurse asked me among other things had I recently had any other vaccines so I told her no but I had wanted the flu jab but heard they had run out of them… the other nurse at the computer turned to me and held up a vile and said last one do you want it ! Yes please! So I was jabbed in both arms… she said ooooo you won’t be able to lift your arms up tomorrow lol. Well to tell you the truth they are fine, slight bruiseed if I rub them!

Brunch was cheese omelette and 2 rashers bacon on the side, at the cafe with Raymond after my jabs about 1230pm.

Dinner, cold pork, cheese and more cheese and more pork and a cup of chicken stock.

My car finally got fitted with new battery and starts now yay, the auto guy turned up at 7.30pm to fit it! Well I suppose I wasn’t planning to go anywhere accept bed!

Very dark this morning, my daughter called me about half n hour ago just to say good morning and woke me up from a dream. It was nice to hear her voice but odd cos she doesn’t usually call first thing! Didnt bother me being woken it was 7.42am after all and she only woke me from a strange dream lol

No big plans for today, weather is on the turn from ultra mild for this time of year to cold wet snow sleet you name it by the weekend! My main task before all that arrived was the painting of the shed and extension and I have done that.
Better get out of bed and gets some steak out of freezer for today.