NoVegNovemberCarniStyle

(Daisy) #211

Sorry I haven’t posted in a couple days, but I haven’t followed novegnovember these last 3 days. I have eaten a vegetable (same one for three days), along with all my meaty awesomeness. We did a dinner Sunday for church where we fixed a big meal for the church, then also brought food to deliver to area shut-ins. I signed up for rolls, pies, and green beans- a crockpot full of them! Well, they ended up not using my pot at all, so I came home with a giant pot of them. Green beans are a vegetable that has never bothered me, never caused inflammation or pain, so I’m not against eating them. I had planned to have a small serving at the dinner because my green beans are phenomenal (beans, salt, bacon, and garlic) and I hardly ever make them. But they said they were saving mine for the boxes and the green beans they served to us had onions in them (no thank you), so I only ate turkey while there. But had a big bowl when I got home and have had a big bowl each night since. They are gone now, so I will return to my regularly scheduled carnivore.

Anyway, the rest of my plates have been turkey, eggs, lots of raw steak, bone broth jello, and liver
image image image image image image image image image image

(Karen) #212

Oh yes lol a couple of candle holders a jumper some sports leggings a pressie for my son for his Xmas box and I got some string lights for the lanterns I spray painted oh and some small ornamental birds that I will put amongst the pots when I start planting! X

I have the opposite problem, my BP has always been on the high side. I have been on BP tabs for about 7 years but I think they may add water tabs after my cardiology tests are all done just to get it lower still. That’s what they were suggesting in the hospital.

(Michael) #213

Missed two days. Yesterday morning I had oysters, mussels, liver with bacon and eggs and a beef heart steak. My only picture

Had salmon, pork and ribeye steak for dinner. Later I ate cheese and three ounces of snails

This morning i had bacon and eggs and I finished the snails with a second ounce of mussels. Later I had a ribeye and salmon steak. I have been eating a lot recently as I will be fasting for next 84 hours starting now. Followed that up with bacon again and some cheese.

I will be back with pictures of my meals in 4 days. Enjoy carnivory all

Grr. Grrinding through the paperwork for work. Still in the city. The beach is calling (Echo Beach?). That is 11 hours straight of typing except for meals and loo breaks.

Black coffee in the morning sun. Then another coffee at 11am breakfast of bacon and 3 eggs. Then 6pm dinner of a small 250g rump pasture-fed steak pan fried rare in ghee, plus 2 fried eggs. It’s all good stuff, whole food, home-cooked, pasture fed, local produce. The cravings have been immense but I have nothing to quell them in this house. Big brain work screams sweet cravings at me, I am haunted by the ghosts of carb loaded past.

(Robin) #215

Yes! Big work load is a trigger for me too, even though I’ve been retired for 7 years. The need to buckle down and focus called for a cigarette. And a cigarette called for a drink. And the rest is history. (Thankfully)

Had a lamb shank last night. Asked the wife if she wanted some and she replied, “no shanks.”

yea when stressed we do default into ANY darn comfort and for us carb addictions, we all know what it is :slight_smile:

hey I been struggling a bit for the past week easily. I had to have SO many darn talks with myself it was stupid but I got thru it and you will too!

---------------AND I am getting more wonky now cause 93, soon to be 94 yr old mom is starting to get very confused but my bro called and said the 3 of us need to chat and maybe it might be time to consider a nursing home/assisted living and my stomach is in friggin’ knots to the ultimate.

I just got mom and she is here and I just fed her garlic bread and beef ravioli and she is in hog heaven and while I get she is confused talking names and current stuff, I noticed she is still functioning…I asked her do ya know what the toilet is and know how to pee and she said YES and I said ya know what food is and how to eat with a fork and she said Smart Ass and we are laughing having a good time. But I know the writing on the wall cause last night she ‘slid out of bed’ somehow and bro found her on the floor propped up against the bed at 2AM…believe me, I just got a sick feeling.

Not hungry really. I ate a can of tuna/mayo early. Might eat some burgers tonight but I got that ‘WAY too much crap’ on my mind at this point :frowning: ugh

mind stress mostly likely leads me to food point blank but right now I got a nauseas feeling in the guts, the stomach doesn’t really want food right now. So will see what happens and where all this goes, I am just dreading every step of whatever is gonna go down.

I know we all mostly have to deal with this in our lives but when it hits home it just kinda took me down a few dozen levels. oh well…soldier on is all we can do!!

(Karen) #218

@Fangs oh my I know just how you are feeling. I had to do the same with my mum . So so hard and all the feelings of guilt and taking away their freedom and independence. It was an awful time but my daughter put it in to perspective, she said you’re not taking away her freedom, you’re giving her a better quality of life and she will be well looked after and cared for… carers on hand 24 hours. Which was worse … worrying about her falling down the stairs, drinking herself into oblivion??? Best thing we ever did. Within 3 months she was back to her lovely self, had colour in her face and was the sweet mum I remembered before she started drinking and smoking too heavily. She also had dementia and the care home was for dementia residents.

Look around for a care home you really like and get a really good feel about, don’t accept anything less. You won’t stop worrying but you will know she is being cares for 24/7 xxx

I was up early again but not as early as I have recently. 40 stair runs, no pull ups but straight outside painting the extension walls. I have done one side and halfway along 2nd side but I ran out of masking tape for the windows grrrrr. Raymond came over for a brew at 2pm and bought some masking tape en route, so I down tooled and made a brew and we popped next door and sat out with the pooch for an hour.

Brunch was bacon and eggs dinner was chicken n cheese followed by a large rump steak. Definitely had more energy today from eating beef yesterday but promised my daughter I wouldn’t over do it. I did feel crap yesterday … note to self… again, don’t just eat chicken lol.

After very eggy and low-meat days I wanted some proper meat again and zero processed ones. Why I have these very different days I don’t know. I will try to keep some normal meat at hand all the time… My processed meat phase (various ones at various times) was fine but I think I will seriously limit those items. So I will need my pork or whatever every day.

Today I had OMAD, a very good one as it’s time for the monthly fast and I make another honest attempt at EF :smiley: We will see what my body says but it was a very satiating meal. A pound of pork and 4 eggs (half as a pancake, leftovers, 3.5 eggs as scrambled eggs). Oh and some gravy that is totally not carnivore (but spicy and interesting, I don’t need gravy ever but maybe it helped now as I had zero appetite and hunger at the moment I sit down at 6pm to eat. but I felt I better eat and was hungry before) so it wasn’t a carnivore day but close enough and why to try hard (okay, it wouldn’t be hard not to eat gravy as I never did… but I was mildly curious) when I received the parcel with many kilograms of candy… That I definitely don’t want now (or most part, ever), it’s a mixed feeling anyway, it arrived too late in my life and it’s too much so it’s off-putting but that’s what I have Alvaro for, the poor one.
I enjoyed the other parts like plushies. I have a fennec fox plushie and that’s simply the best and most adorable and pretty plush in the world. Perfect. She is called Lily. No photos about her but she is wonderful. Alvaro enjoys his gecko, he starts to build his Aussie army as he already has a very impressive (especially the eyes, how it can look!) cassowary.

I think I will have on/off carnivore until Christmas or did I say that already? So I will be scarce unless I totally want to tell what I ate on a carnivore(-ish) day. Like this Super Simple Substantial OMAD meal today :slight_smile: I never ate this simple except when I tried the farm beef in the beginning and managed to eat 600g of it and a yolk and that was my very satiating day.
I showed the fried pork to Alvaro saying people consider 1/3 of it as a normal portion. He usually eat little meat but it seemed super tiny even for him. (When I started to recover to some old comment regarding my ‘too big’ meat portions - of course it doesn’t matter much but it was so shocking that I still can’t wrap my head around it and it’s a recurring thought - , I read about 70g red meat recommendations :smiley: It makes less than zero sense to me. Yeah it’s not for carnivore OMADers but STILL. If I had 5 meals a day and would do high-carb, I still couldn’t do anything but 70 or 150g meat unless it’s just some flavoring or something… I still partially blame my vegetarian and especially almost vegetarian times. If I ate meat, I meant business. But meat is nice so I couldn’t stop after 3 bites anyway… Others can? Odd.)

I like eggs now and I have my scrambled egg phase after not liking it for ages. Yesterday I had 7 eggs that way, wow. I usually only eat 2-3 and then I need other egg dishes but I finally can eat simpler… Sometimes, at least.

I feel okay food wise, I just have headache and bad back pain lately :frowning: I even skipped my workouts. When I tried last time (I usually only have back pain in the morning), I was weak as a kitten and couldn’t do it :frowning: I feel quite miserable too but it’s my fault. I forgot how to live and do things. But it’s my personal problem and I am not even a carnivore at all.
But I will come around/after Christmas and will behave, really, that time is my most carnivore-ish in the year. November started with fruits in the garden and something else, I don’t remember so I couldn’t do it without efforts and I had enough of putting some efforts into my eating. I trained enough, now I just eat whatever. And too bad if it’s not good enough. So I keep training but not now, I am too miserable for that. I just fry/roast some nice meat often enough and that makes things quite easy. But December is complicated a bit.

I had enough of running out of eggs. Today we bought 130 eggs and I will make sure we always have 50+ eggs all the time. It’s not fun not being able to use up 20 eggs in half an hour if I want/need it. That’s not even so many. We boil at least 30 when we want egg stew and if I wanted to make a nice amount of ice cream (I never want it anymore and I blame carnivore… maybe I buy Stroh80 rum and make that great eggnog ice cream in December. the only non-carnivore item is the little rum and some vanilla, maybe), well that would require many yolks…

It’s so, so, so good that I can eat bigger meals even on carnivore now and it became normal… Whenever I can’t eat an OMAD sized meal, my day isn’t so good.

(Edith) #220

Ah, I thought that it was maybe a new medication for you.

++++++
I have a colleague in his early 30s who is getting some kind of stomach surgery to help with severe acid reflux. It was not the time to ask if he’d considered diet before deciding on surgery, but if I have the chance some time in the not too distant future, I may ask. It could be that it is a mechanical problem and as a colleague I didn’t want to pry too much.

My bother had terrible reflux until he went carnivore. He stopped the carnivore because he said it made his psoriasis worse, actually. He is more paleo now, lower fat, and says he is doing better. I believe paleo is still keeping his heartburn in check.

@Naghite, I’m so impressed with your menu. Does is take you a lot of time to track down those nonstandard types of meat?

(Robin) #221

@Fangs, Ah, I am so sorry you are even dipping your toes into those waters. It’s an excruciating time of life for us daughters. Be kind to yourself. Enjoy the laughs when they come. You got this, too!

(Robin) #222

Yeah… chicken is great until it’s not.

(Robin) #223

I’m with you… starting to become accustomed to one big carni meal a day. Never would have imagined. Now, I get all excited about it! Look at that Pile O’ Meat!!! Yum!

(Linda ) #224

Went to the store last night to get sparkling water, of course anytime I’m near a store I have to check the meat department and they had lamb hocks and lamb breast I’d never heard of that before I guess its lamb ribs??

Anyway I bought some as well as lamb hocks and the had more picanha so grabbed another two as well.

When we bought this house the previous owner had installed one new window and had 8 others in the basement to be installed and that left the big lounge window still needing to be purchased …so we spoke to a builder who lives about 4 houses away and he arrived this morning to install the 8 windows that were in the basement…and we ordered the one for the living room which cost more to buy that than to install the 8 haha…oh well then the house will have all new windows… but 8 weeks to get it lol…

So food was late today didn’t eat til around noon and had to try the lamb breast really fatty but yummy but it’s now almost 4pm and I’m still stuffed so maybe a one meal day today…

(Daisy) #225

I way overate today. My hunger is just super rampant the last few weeks. For breakfast I ate 2 eggs, just over half of this giant raw steak and bone broth jello. For lunch/dinner, I really wasn’t feeling the rest of the raw steak. So i grabbed a t-bone out of the freezer and threw it in the air fryer for 11 minutes at 450. Then I ate the rest of the raw steak :joy:
image image image image image

(Michael) #226

I am certainly vested in my health and spending time learning, experimenting and searching for the right things to help.

I probably have called at least 30 places by phone and sent a few emails to find where to go. Now that I have knowledge of which places carry which items, it is not that bad. But yes, it took a while to find a good butcher that can get grass fed beef parts and more than just liver. I still have to go to a few places, so I tend to buy a few at a time once I get them. At this stage, they call me as often as I them, once something arrives that they have ordered for me.

NoFUN. :egg::egg::egg::egg::egg::bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon::coffee::coffee::coffee:

(Vic) #228

yesterday was tuna/mayo, a small cheeseburger patty, 5 slices salami

hunger is low. tummy is off a tad. Just getting thru the days.

I do have a steak for sometime today. Hope I want it :slight_smile:

All carnivore good. Month is winding down so everyone keep on ZC and rock out the month in fine form.

(Karen) #230

@VirginiaEdie I was put on 2 new meds during my hospital stay and after all the follow up appts they may alter my BP meds if my BP doesn’t come down lower.

Up nice and early and did 50 stair runs, no pull ups tho. Had a nice phone call from a work colleague and it was good to catch up.

Brunch bacon and eggs again.

Outside this afternoon to get on with the extension wall painting. Just got the apex to finish off as I couldn’t reach it on my ladder. Spent a good few hours doing it this afternoon.

Dinner was chicken n cheese and I have a sirloin steak defrost and will cook that shortly… determined to eat some beef to keep the energy levels up.