No weight loss or inch loss

newbies

I’ve only lost 4 pounds and I’m in week 5 but you know what? I’m ok with that because I am in this to win it. Also, my success will not look like anyone else’s. Please try to focus on how you feel more than how quickly the weight comes off. It will happen just trust in yourself and the process :heart:

(Jane) #7

Not at all. Where did you hear that?

(Farheen Vora) #8

Its true actually, I feel good from inside. :heart_eyes:

(Farheen Vora) #9

I have seen people losing 8 kgs in their first two weeks ?

Would it be possible for you to lessen your feeding window?
Maybe you’re bumping your insulin too many times throughout the day and not giving your body enough time to burn body fat.

Just a thought. I am by no means an expert but am fortunate enough to have lost 45 lbs so far in just under 4 months. Keep calm and keto on.

(Ron) #11

(Farheen Vora) #12

I only have breakfast and dinner no lunch, I cannot do OMAD, I tried it but I was not able to eat all the calories at the same time and ended up throwing it out.

I can definitely see how OMAD could be rough. Like I said I don’t know much about much, but it has been said plenty of times across the keto web that limiting periods of higher insulin (eating) helps maintain a lower blood sugar which is more likely to promote weight loss.

(Terence Dean) #14

You’re doing well don’t worry this is a marathon not a sprint, it can take sometime to work out your individual WOE. Only thing I can see that may have an impact is the artificial sweetener, these sometimes affect people where they have stalls but seems a little early for you to be experiencing that. You could try dropping sweeteners for a bit and see what happens, doing that has been known to stop a stall. Good luck and keep up the good work, let us know how you go. KCKO.

(Leigh Thomas) #15

Your weight loss is most likely fluid retention loss due to carbs. Your body needs to heel before it will consider losing any fat. The longer (older) you have been insulin resistant the longer it takes your body to reverse this process. Some post I’ve seen here it can take 12 months.

The other thing you may need to try is no dairy for 3-4 weeks and see if this helps, as dairy causes inflammation.

Don’t give up focus on how you feel.

(Farheen Vora) #16

its actually Natvia

(Farheen Vora) #17

No diary means? Leave cream and cheese as well?

(Leigh Thomas) #18

Cream and cheese are both dairy. They also contain carbs and natural sugar.

(LeeAnn Brooks) #19

People who lose a lot of weight fast are 1) mostly losing excess water weight, 2) typically have a lot of weight to lose. The closer you are to your ideal weight, the slower it comes off, and 3) mostly men. Women lose much slower than men.

We call these people unicorns. Yes, you will hear these stories, but they are the exception, not the norm. Keto is actually a diet for health and well being that happens to have weight loss as a side effect.

(Jane) #20

Really? You know these people in r/l? That’s amazing and kudos to them!

There are a few unicorns here on our board like @Anniegirl9 said, but none of them women, if I recall correctly.

I am on the same boat. Keto for two months and lost 5 lbs. I bounce around between 143 and 145 lbs. I’m 5’3. No health issues I’m aware of, so not sure what exactly my body is trying to accomplish here. I don’t think I’ve lost inches either. I’m playing around with fasting and OMAD but honestly I think I just need to be patient. I’ve decided I’m in it for the long haul because if I’m not eating keto than what else is there - go back to eating my old diet? And then what?
Check out the NSV (non scale victories) section of the forum. I think the more we think about it the worse it is.

(Nathan Toben) #22

Perhaps doing keto well is akin to looking at a faint star in the night sky; look at it directly and it will disappear from sight, but turn your eyes slightly away from it, and there it is.

For the non-morbidly obese - early keto is definitely NOT really about weight loss. It’s about body recomposition from the inside out, and deep nourishment of the brain via fat-adaptation that takes around 6 weeks to achieve the 100% mark, or even longer (up to six months or a year). Ignore the scale and just continue to measure your changes every month or so.

I really like this quote from Dr. Stephen Phinney (who with Jeff Volek PhD wrote the cornerstone LCHF/keto texbook called “The Art & Science Of Low-Carbohydrate Living”). It emphasizes the long term vision and perspective on body recomposition:

Health is defined by where you will be 1 year or 1 decade from now, not where you will be in 1 week or 1 month.”

What I see with many newbies in this forum (possibly you, possibly not) is short-term perspective and high need for material, external signs of change without an understanding of the general sea change of health recovery and the depths of body recomp. Also, during the changeover to fat-adaptation - you should prob be aiming to eat to satiety and not force IF at all. Your brain needs the fat and protein and extra salt, badly:

delicious%20meal

If it’s any comfort - after my initial water loss (which I didn’t measure, I just saw it in my upper belly), my progress picked up around month 4-6 has been in quarter and half inches, to the tune of well over 12 inches permanently lost by my first year! Including one 6 week period where I lost 1.5 inches from both upper legs! And I’m a 52 year old non-obese female just wanting some decreased bodyfat and enhanced health. (And I didn’t measure my entire body - so I assume it’s more like 16-18 inches). There can be vastly different versions of a body of the same weight depending on bodyfat percentage etc. I’ve lost about two clothing sizes, and have lovely muscle tone showing up on my back and shoulders/arms and legs.

Being that our bodies are around 70% water, and the primal physiology spares and cares for muscle mass - lots and lots of water cycles, detoxing, and rebuilding are going on in you, and in me.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #24

Agree, I’m 60. It took me five years to gain the belly. Belly is going, not so much, but love handles decided to shrink first!. Yes, it will take a while. One does not gain the weight in six months - so one can’t lose it all in that time frame. I am a completely normal weight, but menopause decided to mess with me. I am determined to get the upper hand!!

That’s the Spirit.