Dave's Progress Thread - Year II

Thanks, and the way you’re going, you will be passing me soon! :slight_smile:

(Virginia ) #62

You’re welcome. Hmmm, don’t know about that …lol :slight_smile: :wink:

(Virginia ) #63

8ee2fb549f9283ec6885943e8b75c50b

Thank you, Honey. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: … I was wondering why I got a steak with a candle in it today! :slight_smile:

(Virginia ) #65

I just noticed it too, they probably put it next to everyone’s name when it is their birthday.

(Terence Dean) #66

Hey you two, just dropping by, how’s the progress going for the family?

Did you manage to get any homemade snack bars made or did I miss that thread?

Not too bad, just still rolling along. :slight_smile: … Nope, no snack bars yet, but been throwing around some ideas. She’s been a lot more steady with her losses each week, but I’m still bouncing around from week to week. Still working more on creating some different meals actually, trying out ideas. We actually just purchased some very nice flavored Tea’s that are quite good. … That was one of my biggest things, just having something else to drink from time to time. I mean, I don’t mind the water, but sometimes it would be nice to have something else. :slight_smile: We just got them a couple days ago, and already ordered another set to have around.

Here’s the link if you’re interested…
https://redrosetea.com/sweet-temptations-bundle/
And the thread where @SlowBurnMary first posted about them.

Here’s my updated sheet showing the bouncing around I mentioned.

(Virginia ) #68

You are still doing great honey, you got this :slight_smile: :kissing_heart:

(Terence Dean) #69

Thanks for the links, I’m on tea with no sugar for hot drinks a dash of milk, I gave up the coffee because I can’t drink it without some sort of sweetener, and sugar is definitely out. Great stats btw, no weight-loss is a perfect linear line, no doubt you’ll get through the current blip, I need more patience and just keep at it. Looking good for all of you, cheers!

Ok, so weighing in this morning marks me at exactly 20 weeks (or 5 months) eating Keto now. - I am presently down a total of -66 lbs. from my starting weight. … I’m still seeing this occasional bounce up in weight from time to time, but it always seems to give an even better number the following week? So, though I’ve never let it bother me, simply noting the weight and moving on, I do find it a tad strange. … That said, admittedly, I am a little confused by what might be causing this? Or, I should say, it would be nice to know what causes this? :slight_smile: - But for now, it’s no big deal. So until I see, say, multiple gains back to back weeks, I will simply ignore this Boomeranging or Sling-shot effect that occasionally happens, and carry on. :slight_smile:

I only mention this, in case someone may read this and possibly has experienced this phenomena as well? For all I know, it could be a certain food type I’m eating that week causes me to retain additional water, or it could be from performing, or lack of, an activity that I did that week? … Either way, not an issue at this time. :slight_smile:

(Virginia ) #71

WTG!!! You are still coming along great honey…as always, I am proud of you. :kissing_heart::two_hearts:

Thanks, hopefully this week will continue to be good as well. :slight_smile:

Ok, so over the 5 month mark now, and down a couple more lbs. this week. Though I did drink quite a bit of liquids last night before bed (mostly/probably due to eating Crabs) I actually felt a little bloated this morning. Not bad, but some though. … Few more weeks will put me at that 1/2 year mark, so hoping things go well til then.

(Jane) #74

You are doing great!

If you were weighing on a doctor’s scale you would be very close to moving that big weight from 250 to 200 and then sliding the little one all the way to the right.

Thanks, Jane. Hoping for a good week, so that could take place next time? :slight_smile:

(Virginia ) #76

You are doing great Honey, very proud of you…you got this. :slight_smile: And thanks for all your help. :slight_smile:

(Jessica) #77

Just checking in so I can follow you here, too! I’ve got the same increases and drops going on. I’m glad to have this community so I don’t freak at the gains. I do weigh every day but I like to see the pattern. I had hoped to see a bigger drop by now but I’ll try to be patient.

(Running from stupidity) #78

“The trend is your friend”

(Doug) #79

Pattern is looking good. :slightly_smiling_face:

Yeah, well it’s a good thing you don’t let the ups and down mess with ya then, especially since you weigh each day. That in itself is not healthy in my opinion, but have heard of lot of folks mention this very same when they weigh everyday. … Even with me weighing in once a week, I still don’t follow the numbers much. It’s more for record keeping for me. I can usually tell how well the week went for me, and sometimes the scale agrees. :slight_smile:

I can usually tell if the number’s going to be low or even in the plus range, before stepping on the scale. Only once that I can recall, did I think I was going to see bad numbers, only to see an actual great number. … I still think it has it’s mostly water weight that causes some of these little fluctuations. Especially if I wake and feel a bit bloated. This can happen when I eat certain foods I guess, but especially when I end up drinking a lot. (As it was the other night, when I was eating a good amount of Crabs. Guessing the saltiness adding even more thirst to someone who at times can tend to drink way too much! :slight_smile: (Ok, no beer jokes!) :smile: I actually am speaking about water, tea, coffee, etc.

As far as your progress bar/screenshot, I’ve seen others use similar ones, but have never used one myself. Not even sure what program you use for that? But they are pretty neat seeing the graph of progress. :slight_smile: