Dave's Progress Thread - Year II

@tdean @juice … No worries guys, appreciate the info. … I still presently use @Brenda version with added Lemon Juice and ACV, and this works quite well. (1 a day, religiously in the morning. and a second one when fasting, in the evening) But getting in extra salt isn’t always easy with work being nuts lately. I simply tend to forget to take some throughout the day. … I actually haven’t had any cramping in a many weeks now, and usually only while fasting. But only mentioned it, not knowing if it is indeed water related?

I only brought up the water usage, since it’s been mentioned that I could be flushing out my electrolytes when I drink so much? But was wondering if my cutting back on liquids, may be effecting me some in other areas? … I may be wrong, but it seems like my digestive system works slower when I cut back on water? And I wanted to see if going back to drinking more again. Also, I’ve noticed the past maybe 3-4 weeks maybe, I’ve been getting a little gassy, which I haven’t been since shortly after going Keto. (Figured to test water usage, because it not, it would have to simply be something else I’ve incorporated into eating now?)

For instance, I can say I’m pretty sure when I incorporated peanuts back in (Nuts in general) I feel a difference. I actually cut them out mostly when first starting, but some months in started eating some here and there again and do know they come into play. So wanted to check if water was an issue as well?

Week 23 update. - Weighed in this morning with a 5 lb. loss, but since I’m presently 60 hrs. into a fast, I’m sure some of this should show back up, being water weight loss. This is actually my first time fasting on a weekend, so it’s also the first time for me weighing in while on a fast. (I have always fasting on weekdays during work) So I’m not sure just how much fluctuation you get while fasting, since I’ve never tested or worried about this?

But I guess I will see what result I get next Sunday, which will mark 24 weeks, or 5-1/2 months? … I was just asking my wife about this. Here I thought I would be at 6 months into Keto next Sunday, but if you go by date, I have 3 more weeks from today to get to 6 months. … I’m not sure how most register this, whether by weeks or months, but I guess I will keep updating weekly, and use the 26th of each month to show months? - Not a big deal, but threw me for a moment realizing I wasn’t counting properly. :woozy_face: Too early in the morning, I guess. :smile:

(Terence Dean) #103

Wow that’s a significant loss well done! Trend downwards is looking good too.

Thanks, but as I mentioned, since I’m fasting, I’m not sure just how much of that can be water weight. Especially since I’ve never tested during fasting as some do, but do know water weight can fluctuate quite a bit. But who knows, maybe I will be able to keep most of it. :slight_smile: … Next week will show, I would think.

Thanks again…

(Terence Dean) #105

Yeah net loss is what counts.

(Virginia ) #106

Good job Honey, keep up the good work. :kissing_heart:

Thanks, and to you as well. :slight_smile:

Was hoping to get some extra activities in this weekend, but having to work Saturday again, said screw it and just took Tuesday off after the Monday Holiday. … But when they told me this morning Saturday was canceled, I simply took tomorrow as well! :smile: So with my 5 day weekend, I plan to get a lot more done! :slight_smile:

Plus, when I go back in next Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, I’m then back on leave for the following week for Thanksgiving. :slight_smile: So between this 5 day weekend, and then a 9 day break, I should be able to get quite a bit accomplished. I just don’t know where to best fit in some fasting? :thinking: Plus, at the end of these two breaks, I will finally be at 26 weeks (or 6 Months) so I’m really hoping to make them productive. :slight_smile:

Well, Week 24 and showing I’m back up 2.5 lbs. this week, but that wasn’t unexpected after weighing in last week on a Fast. I also don’t think I was getting my water in properly the last fews days this week either. When I do, I usually find the restroom stops more frequent, which helps with flushing out stuff. But when I don’t I seem to feel less empty, not bloated per se, but just not as empty which I like. :slight_smile:

So with two more weeks until the 6 month mark, I’m hoping to turn the results around if possible.

(Running from stupidity) #110

30 or so kilos down after 24 weeks? You’ll take that…

Oh yeah, I will. :slight_smile: … And probably eating more now than I did before Keto. :slight_smile:

Thanks

(Terence Dean) #112

Congrats Dave, keep up the good fight brother!

(The amazing autoimmune 🦄) #113

So inspirational. I have adopted your data format. It is so helpful to see the data this way. Do you exercise? If so what kind?

@tdean - Thank you sir, as mentioned, I thought last week’s -5 was a bit high, since it was the first time weighing while fasting, so thought water weight may come into it. But still don’t pay it much attention. :slight_smile:

@Iced - Thanks. And glad you like the format. My Wife and Son use it as well. … As far as working out, no, or at least nothing new. Just the normal working around the house, etc. … But I can say it seems to help when I do. If you look at my Week 8, I actually spent 2 or 3 days in the heat in the yard, working all day and sweating a lot because I was staying busy. That was my highest loss after the first two initial weeks on Keto.

But I actually just went down in the basement and got some stuff done yesterday, and I have my Total-Gym, Treadmill and Exercise Bike all set back up. Was planning to start doing them again, maybe 3 times a week. Thinking Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Wanted to start either this week coming or next. Just to see what the results might be, plus it’s been a while since I worked out regularly. :slight_smile: … Thanks again. Will post an update when I can. And the Wife also sent me some pictures in case I wanted to post some at 6 months. :slight_smile:

Great stuff Davey my boy. I’m sure you’d have taken someones hand off for 73lb in 24 weeks, at the start!
There are some impressive weekly losses, especially during the later stages.

(Virginia ) #116

Don’t sweat it, you are still doing fantastic :slight_smile:

(Running from stupidity) #117

Yeah, well, that’s just a little bit self-serving, is it not?

IIRC, you are the one who passed the weight on to him…

@mememe - Thanks, and yeah, it’s been a nice ride so far. Hoping to keep Keto-ing along. :slight_smile:

@DoggieMom - Thanks a lot Honey, I’m not. Just keeping on and rolling along, whistling. :kissing_heart: :slight_smile:

@juice - Yep, I’d be more than glad to take hers to help her out. Can always loose it once she takes the VooDoo curse off me. :crazy_face:

(Running from stupidity) #119

I appreciate what you did there :slight_smile:

(Virginia ) #120

No I didn’t… he took it to help me out.