New food/meals advice category

(Cindy) #1

Thinking it might be useful to have a “critique my meals/food” category. Seems like that topic pops up fairly often, so might be nice to have those all in one place. Then the members who like to give that kind of feedback could, too, but others could just mute it.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #2

I’ve raised the issue for discussion. . . .

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #3

Does anyone else have any thoughts?

On second thought, now that I’m sensitized, I’m seeing quite a few threads that would fit. Let’s do it!

(Robert C) #4

My concern is that critique of meals/food depends on goals and health. People needing to lose over 100 pounds with T2D should probably skip butter coffee and alcohol vs. people seeking just mental benefits. So maybe “Critique my food and my issue/goal is…” to avoid newbies reading “whiskey” or “quest bars” on okayed food lists?

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #5

Good thought. I’m not sure how soon we’ll activate this, because we or I seem to have hit some kind of limit. Patience, please!

(Cindy) #6

Yes, that seems to be a common theme, too…that people ask for a critique without mentioning their goals. Usually someone in the thread will ask about age, weight, health issues, etc. So maybe if we get the new category, we could also pin a “How to best use this topic” type post to tell people that it helps to know those things.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #7

Okay, now that we have finally gotten back to normal, more or less, here is the new category, as requested:
https://www.ketogenicforums.com/c/newbies/food-meals-advice

Enjoy, and those of you who can, please round up threads and move them into the category. Those of you who can’t do that yet (you have to be a “regular” member), send me a private message with a link to the thread, and I’ll move it for you.